Springgirl101

Today, we'll be interviewing Springgirl101, author of Southern Belle! Enjoy :)

1) What's your name?

It's a secret ;)

2) How old are you?

Young but obviously old enough to write on wattpad

3) When is your birthday?

Another secret ;)

4) You have so many secrets! Can you describe yourself in five words?

Respectful, hardworking, kind, awkward, quiet

5) Why did you join Wattpad?

One of my friends kept showing me her book she wrote on here. I wanted to know what the fuss was about, so I joined. I'm really glad that I found this website.

6) What do you like most about Wattpad?

I like how you can share your work with others (and the fact that you can copyright your work, so others can't really steal it. They still do, though). Readers are so supportive, and they really can help you grow as a writer.

7) Do you plan on making a career out of writing?

Not really. Writing is such a hard field to make a living in. I’d probably write as a hobby.

8) What kind of genres do you enjoy writing?

I would say Humor, Teen Fiction, and Romance. I also can write Horror or Poetry pretty well, but I have to get a great idea in my head for me to actually want to write those genres.

9) Would you try writing a story of a different genre? (E.g. Horror or Sci-fi)

Yes. Like I said above, I would have to get a great idea. Most of the time, I'm out of ideas for different genres though.

10) When did you first start writing?

Would you like to tell us a summary of your first story? I first started writing in kindergarten...we had to write picture books for extra credit. Sure, I misspelled all the words, and the pictures were just blobs, but I really loved writing it. I can’t remember what my first book ever is, but I know my first book on wattpad, and let’s just say, I’m not proud of it. It’s really rushed, and it doesn’t make sense often. It shocks me to see that people still add it to their library haha. My first well-written story on wattpad is Southern Belle. It’s basically about Belle Wilkes, an intelligent girl from the south with a wacky, miserable life, who goes to Stanford to try to make a better life for herself. There’s drama with guys, roommates, and grades, but there’s also a lot of humor. ☺

11) You have extra credit in kindergarten? :O What motivates you to keep on writing?

Myself. I write for the readers, but I, most importantly, write for me. I keep telling myself that to get to that “amazing ending,” I must write. I always plan out the ending in my head, and I get so excited to write it.

12) Who are some of your favorite authors on Wattpad?

Leigh_, Fallenbabybubu, and a lot more. I have a ton of authors that I admire.

13) Who are some of your favorite published authors?

Too many to list haha

14) What is your favorite book?

Perks of Being a Wallflower, Pride and Prejudice, The Pearl…..hmmm. I don’t really have a favorite book either…When I find a book, I keep rereading it until I get sick of it XD.

15) What is your least favorite book?

Twilight. I hate the book because she made Bella depends on guys to survive. Edward leaves, and she gets all depressed—like seriously? And why does she always need Edward or Jacob to save her? Oh, and Fifty Shades of Grey. I haven’t read it, but it annoys me…

17) I read the first chapter and died in agony. If you could publish any of your books, which book would it be?

Southern Belle

18) How do you deal with criticism?

I get really angry and break something (LOL JK). I just try to shrug it off. Most of the time, the criticism is unneeded and not helpful. Other times, it really improves my writing. You know what really makes me laugh? I love it when an author slams my writing and tears it apart, yet when I go to their page to read their writing, their books are full of grammar and spelling mistakes…

19) It's jealousy, one of the seven deadly sins. Anyways! Interested in the Watty Awards?

YES. YES. YES.

20) If any one of your characters could come to life, who would it be?

Belle Wilkes. I swear to God, I would try to make her my best friend if she was alive. She’d probably ignore me though…

21) Which character is most like you?

Belle Wilkes haha.

22) What qualities do you look for in a guy/girl?

I guess hardworking, smart, outgoing, athletic, and most importantly, funny. I love funny guys.

23) What's your favorite song? Why?

“The Lightning Strike” by Snow Patrol. It’s just a cool song.

24) What is the sweetest thing a fan has ever told you?

OMG TOO MANY. I get PM messages from the sweetest people ever, and they just make my day.

25) Do you have a joke?

Kinda. Replace one word in a movie title with the word, “hairy.” Makes me laugh every time.

26) Hairy Potter and The Chamber of Secrets! Cheesiest pick-up line?

Can I explore your Chamber of Secrets ;)

27) Cheesy! Most embarrassing moment in your life?

I’m always humiliating myself.

28) What are the five things you want to do in 2013?

Finish both my books on wattpad, become more outgoing, work on my fashion, read more, and go skydiving

29) What would you name your cat?

Mr. Jiggles

30) Somehow, that made me laugh. Any last words for your fans?

I LOVE YOU GUYS. It makes me smile to see how much you enjoy my work. You’re all enthusiastic and sweet, and I’m so thankful for having a great group of fans. Oh, and I’m sorry for all the messages lool

31) Any advice for budding writers or those with writer's block?

Just try to pummel through it. Write. Write. Write. Listen to music, and clear your mind. For writers in general, edit your work before you publish. I never do that, and trust me, a lot of mistakes turn off readers. Editing can transform your work from okay to amazing.

33) Did you see that?

Yes, yes I did. ;)

Thank you for doing the interview with us :) Don't forget to click on the External Link! It will lead you to Southern Belle which is in the Watty Awards! :)