Old Friend

OKAY FIRST OF ALL I'M SO PSYCHED BC I FOUND A SONG THAT IS THE EPITOME OF THIS STORY (NOT THIS STORY SO MUCH BUT THE !!!SEQUAL!!!) SO I CAN'T SAY WHAT THE SONG IS.

YES THERE WILL BE A SEQUAL I TOLD YA I HAVE INSANE PLANS FOR THIS THING.

IDK IF THERE WILL BE A THIRD BOOK I'M KINDA JUST MAKING THIS UP AS I GO.

MAYBE IF YOU GUYS LIKE THESE BOOKS I'LL MAKE ANOTHER OR A SPIN-OFF IDKIDK.

Monster - Imagine Dragons

Beautiful Pain - Eminem ft. Sia

W.D.Y.W.F.M.? - The Neighbourhood

Lies - Marina and the Diamonds

• Nick •

I have to admit I'm pretty excited about tonight. Beer, music, and Erin sound like an incredible combination. I remember when I had first seen her at that dingy bar in Florida. I remember the devious looks in her eye like she was up to no good. She looked like she could bring you to heaven and drop you off at hell in one night. I remember wanting nothing more in that moment than to be the person she did that to.

She's not that girl who I thought she was, though. Sure, she could break you in the most intoxicating and most exhilarating way possible, but she would never do it consciously or on purpose. That's the catch and the most intriguing thing about her - she could wreck you without even trying - completely oblivious to the beautiful scars she's subconsciously painting onto you.

And you let her.

Why? Because beauty doesn't take no for an answer. It makes you feel things you're incapable of controlling. You're forced to succumb and sometimes, like me, you want her to drown you in her loveliness because it's the most beautiful and peaceful way to die.

If you're going to fall to your death, you might as well go down with a pillow to soften the blow.

She has this whole mystique about her yet she's completely unaware of her power.

I think that's what got me the most. The whole flaw in her power - that she didn't know she had it - was the exact thing that crippled me and left me helpless to her the most.

Isn't that strange?

Wow, I'm getting too deep in thought.

That's what happens when you're alone in the late night I guess.

"Can we go now?" Erin's voice seems to pop out of nowhere.

"I've been ready, waiting for you," I chuckle. If she's been ready we could've been there by now.

She blushes timidly, noticing her mistake, before we head outside together, walking the dimly lit streets of Jersey.

I catch myself in deep thought, trying to get the balls to grab her hand, but my self restraint is too strong. So, I distract myself by appreciating her appearance. Tight, black, ripped jeans, Doc's, a dark floral tank top, and an assortment of bracelets piled high on both of her wrists.

"You look wonderful," I say, embarrassed because I know I'm terrible at giving compliments.

"I didn't have anything nice to wear," she chuckled sadly, "but thanks for making me feel better."

I wanted to tell her she looked nice no matter what she was wearing, but I stopped myself for reasons I'm not sure of. Maybe because I was afraid my voice would fail me due to the way she was beaming up at me, or maybe because I spend too much time keeping things in my head, I haven't learned to physically speak them.