Gone

A Little Death - The Neighbourhood

That song is literally perfect for this chapter so check it outtt.

As soon as we pull off onto the suburban road I make myself comfortable, curling myself in a ball and leaning my head on the window. I pretend to be asleep so I don't have to deal with Ace. Or Nick? I don't know. I'm not mad at him so much, I'm just embarrassed and slightly violated. I've known the guy for what, a day or two? And he's already seen me naked and maybe... Touched me.

I dispose of the thought quickly. I believed him wen he said he didn't. I wouldn't admit that, of course.

As I pretend to sleep I feel myself drifting off anyways. I hear Ace sigh before speaking,

"You're so difficult."

Me? How am I difficult? I haven't done anything wrong. he's the difficult one.

• Ace •

She looks cute when she's sleeping, innocent. All curled up, holding herself. I find myself smiling absentmindedly and quickly stop. What the fuck?

I guess I'm still dazed from when I bathed her. She is so beautiful, her body.. I wanted to touch her so bad but not while she was unconscious, I couldn't do that. Her curves are so sexy and her breasts - holy shit. I can't believe I had that much self control and I kind of wish I hadn't to be honest. My mind felt clouded the whole night after that and I guess it still is. Even when I put her in my clothes I was still wanting her and she still looked attractive. All sprawled out on the bed, hair damp on her face, lips parted, and in my baggy clothes. It was torture knowing she had nothing on underneath.

Maybe I could get with her later. Surely wouldn't she turn me down. I could convince her if she did, make her feel so good that she can't say no.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath, adjusting my pants thinking of all the things I could do to her.

Think of something else, anything else. The plan. Scotty is clearing our tracks right now. Where I used money, ATM records, phones, even some video surveillance. Who knows what these guys are capable of finding. I'm using his mom's credit card for gas and a hotel tonight until we can have money wired to an untraceable account. It seems like a great deal to go through for nothing, but she's paying me for a reason. Plus if they find her - they find me too. If we get caught it won't just be her who's in trouble.

I drove three hours in torture. All the radio stations were fuzzy, only playing pop music so I had to spend the rest of the ride listening to Erin snore.

She told me her name was Jessie at the bar. Smart girl, using a fake name, just like me. She doesn't look like a Jessie though, I knew she wasn't. Erin suits her. I don't know if Ace suits me, honestly I thought it was kind of cliché sounding. Everyone I met seemed to go for it. Even Megan doesn't know my real name. I don't think Erin knows either unless she heard Scotty slip up. Idiot.

"Hey, wake up." I nudge her as I pull into a Wendy's parking lot.

She bolts right up, completely alert and awake. Was she even sleeping? I noticed the confused expression on her face so I told her we were stopping to eat. We still had about ten hours until we reached my place in Jersey and I''m not looking forward to the ride. Since it's already three in the afternoon we'll definitely get a hotel. Hmm.. A hotel with Erin? That could be interesting.

"What do you want?"

"Just a plain cheeseburger is fine."

I take our orders and pay before I sit down. Erin pulls her chair out and takes a seat, leaning back with her arms crossed.