Catching Up

Year 3018, Earth.

The Perfect World

The planet, after being destroyed by humans who engaged in war with each other due to the divisions created between them by their race, religious beliefs, monetary states and many other shallow and pitty-ful reasons, has been dstributed into 39 sectors. Each sector, or as they were called a millenium ago, "country" had no difference between them, on the lines of their progress rate, economy, politics, what-so-ever. There are no continents, as none of the land on Earth is completely separated by water. The whole Earth has a single administrative division, or as people used to call it, a "government". After almost 86% of humanity was demolished, it took the survivors decades to stabilize their living conditions and understand that the trivial measuring quantities like money or property was not even a necessity. The greatest thing that could possibly happen to the face of mankind had taken place. The homo-sapiens had been given a new chance, a reboot, not to make the same mistakes again, and live peacefully. So, they did.

Earth was now safer, cleaner, and prettier than it had ever been. The infrastructure, size, and the build of all the living structures on the entire Earth was the same, as to maintain equality between people; but they could model the interiors as they wanted to. There was nothing known as money. People did not need to buy stuff, they just had to take stuff from any nearby Necessity-facility. There was religion, but it was a person's private matter; no one could forcefully ask a person to reveal their religion, and no one had to compulsarily display their religion. This gave everyone freedom to believe in anything they wanted to without any complications. No two people would have the same skin color, everyone was a different shade of color ranging from pale white to black, brown, or red.

Imagine a world where you could be whatever you want, regardless of wherever you come from, your background, your living conditions or any other criteria you could be judged upon. Well, this was it.

Remember, everything comes for a cost.

1003 years ago.

13th February, 2015, Earth.

The European nations have drowned in debt as their economy hits ground zero, while the world is in shock as the President of U.S.A has died. The ongoing investigation about the President's death brings new evidence to light suggesting it may have been an assassination by a group of individuals who aim to bring the whole of Earth to their knees. They refer themselves as The Rulers.

In the next few months, every country is left defense-less as The Rulers destroy them one by one effortlessly. The whole of Earth is left weak and vulnerable without any defense or offense weaponary. The Rulers then ask all the countries to bow down and let themselves be dominated by The Rulers, to make The Rulers as their only government.

27th September, 2015, Ruler's Palace, Egypt.

It is the day that The Rulers meet the administrative representatives of the countries to sign an agreement to give up all the power and submit themselves to The Rulers. The countries signed the agreement, which stated them to evacuate their whole countries and get the whole population's memory for the last 1 year wiped, including the representatives themselves. Not only was the memory wiped, but new memories were fabricated depending upon the births, deaths , accidents that may have caused in the last year. Every memory revolving around the war was destroyed from their memory. This would make 'The Rulers'  the only ones who would actually remember that the war took place and that they won. So how would it matter ? Why did they do this even if they won ? Look at it from a broader spectrum. What did they actually do by making this happen ? For the whole world, the year 2015 never took place. Nothing would repeat itself like it did before the memory was wiped; or would it? Atleast The Rulers thought so. Maybe they were just curious.

Everything that happens, happens due to the decisions that are taken. The decisions are taken based upon the choices that are given. When The Rulers decided to reset the memories of the people, they focused on the fact that the choices given to the people this time may not be the same. The human mind is the most complicated concept to understand, and maybe, even The Rulers hadn't fully understood the mind. But destiny; destiny is a whole different concept. People say everyone's destiny is written since before existence. Well The Rulers certainly had a few thoughts running in their minds.

The Rulers purposely tried to fabricate an event in the timeline of existence which changed the course of humanity. This created a virtual diverging timeline, or what you may know as " a Parallel Universe". There hence were two possible scenarios, the one which was actually going to take place if the memory wipe wouldnt happen, and the one which was taking place in the current parallel universe. In the multiverse, major events that may cause complete destruction will create a parallel universe. One of the parallel universes either collapses or creates another parallel universe which overlaps the pre-existing one in the future, or creates a new one. In simple terms, if there is an apple, and you choose to eat it, its gone. If you do not eat it, micro-organisms will. So at the end of the day, the apple will be gone. The question is, what about the Perfect World? What led to the creation of the Perfect World?

There is existence because there is an end. What matters is the journey between existing and expiring.