Chapter 2: The Moorman

The bell rang for lunch and Rhiannon cursed the clock. Now she would have to introduce Kian to Deidre and Rhiannon didn't like that one bit. She relished the thought that Kian belonged only to her, even for a few more minutes more.

She paused in her step. What was that?

"So why come today? Not that it's a bad thing that you came, but why did you decide to start school on the last day of the week?" Rhiannon hedged mentally face palming herself as they stood in line for lunch.

Kian simply smiled, and Rhiannon found she didn't like that smile at all. It was false, an impostor and she never wanted him to smile like that again.

"You know. The usual."

"I doubt anything about you is 'the usual'. Unless you don't want to talk about it, that is. It's fine if you don't, it's none of my business anyway and -" She rambled, looking at him through the corner of her eye.

"My mum got remarried to a total... um... guy. I ended up gaining a step-sister who insisted I get to know the people around here, thus the torture of being new on a Friday." Kian gave her another one of his long searching looks, before adding. "But I have to admit this day has its bright side."

Rhiannon blushed, not sure what to think about anything. Someone knocked into her from behind, pushing her into Kian and she couldn't help but blush even redder if that was even possible.

"Rhiannon, I believe that girl wants your attention." Kian whispered into her ear over the den of noise. She liked the way he said her name it felt like part of a song, the way it rolled off his tongue.

Rhiannon felt warm all over, honey dripping deliciously over her consciousness.

She barely noticed that Deidre was waving frantically, trying to gain her attention.

Deidre tired of waiting, walked up to them. She threw Kian her most devastating smile and Rhiannon cringed within herself. Deidre was beautiful when she was careless. But when she actually tried, calling her beautiful was like calling hell, a sauna.

"Ree, would you care to introduce us?" Deidre purred in her sweetest voice, putting her big hazel eyes to good use. Her entire persona changed around Kian. Rhiannon wasn't sure what it was but it seemed wrong.

She looked at Rhiannon for but a second, urging her to speak.

"Um, Kian this is Deidre Stone. Deidre this is Kian Hunter." Rhiannon rushed, gesturing awkwardly between them.

"Kian - Deidre rolled it on her tongue, tasting it - It sounds so dangerously unique. I find I quite like danger, in fact I love it." Deidre holding her hand out like a lady bestowing her favour and Rhiannon felt a spark of anger burning within her.

Rhiannon held her hands at her sides. She didn't understand this jealousy and resentment she felt towards her friend, all over a guy she hardly knew.

"Thank you. Deidre was it?" Kian shook Deidre's hand.

Rhiannon found herself letting out a relieved breath. She hadn't realised she was holding it in the first place. She couldn't help her satisfied smile at the fact that Kian didn't react in the way most boys would around blonde bombshell Deidre.

Kian was utterly amazing, and Rhiannon knew there had to be something wrong with him. No human boy was this perfect.

Rhiannon turned around, to fetch not only her lunch but Kian's. But when she tried to pay for it all, Kian placed a fifty into the lunch lady's hand, turning away again as if he didn't expect any change.

At least she was pretty sure it was a fifty.

Rhiannon walked to the nearest empty table, bringing the lunch along with her.