Mason

A/N- guys, I'm sorry, this is probably super short but I really wanted to update this! I'll do my best to update this weekend, okay? My updating schedule is all outta wahck because of school so I apologize! Also, this is dedictaed to @AlieBabeXoXo because she just started her Austin fanfic too so check that out! :D alright, bye guys! Je t'aime! love, me (:

----------------------------------

A silent tear slid down my cheek and hit the carpet beneath me. As far as I knew, it had only happened once with us. Once. But that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

          And that doesn’t mean she didn’t give herself to someone else.

          But that night we shared was perfect in every way. It wasn’t rushed, it wasn’t forced. We both loved each other so we just let everything fall into place, I guess you could say. That night, I got to prove to her how much I really love her.

          My hand was bumped again, knocking me out of my thoughts. I put both hands on either side of her stomach and caressed my thumbs gently across it. If the baby was a girl, she would look exactly like Brookelle. I know she would. She would take after her mother, from her curly brown hair to the way she crinkled her nose when she was thinking long and hard about something.

          But if it was a boy, that would be another story. Who would he be like? The father. Who was the father? The question kept circling my brain, poking and prodding and begging to come out. I didn’t want to know, because there was a chance that it wasn’t be and the thought of her having a child with someone else broke my heart. My curiosity got the best of me, and it burst through my lips before I could stop it.

          “Who’s the father?”

          She took a deep breath and laid her hands over mine which still rested on her swollen belly. She looked down at her feet. Then over to the window on her left. Then slid her eyes over to the door. She looked anywhere but in my eyes.

          I sighed, growing impatient and gently took her face in my hands, making her look at me. “Brooke, tell me. Please.” I begged.

          “If I tell you, you can’t run out on me.” She whispered.

          That took me by surprise. I don’t know why she thinks I would ever walk out on her at all. Whether or not that baby was mine, I would stay and help her regardless. “I would never do that to you.” I reassured her.

          She took a deep, shaky breath and nodded before meeting my eyes. She reached for my hands again and I gratefully gave them to her. She placed them on her stomach and closed her eyes.

          “Brooke-” I began but she shushed me.

          We sat like that for a few minutes before something bumped my hand again. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. “That was your son.” She smiled weakly.

          That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

--------------------------------

I woke up to someone putting a cold rag on my forehead. My head hurt so badly and I could already feel a bump forming on the back of my head. I begged my eyes to open so I could see where I was but they refused and I was tired, so I just lay there, wherever ‘there’ was, and went limp.

“Is this normal?” I heard someone ask.

“Well you did give him some shocking news.” Another voice said. I think it was Zach’s. So I must still be at Brookelle’s.

She didn’t answer him but I knew she didn’t leave the room. Don’t ask how I knew that, it was like a sixth sense to me. I heard her sigh next to me.

“What?” Zach asked.

“What if he doesn’t want anything to do with me or Mason?” she whispered.

Mason? Who was Mason? Then it occurred to me that that must be what she named her baby. Our baby. I’m going to have a son. I’m going to be a dad. Talk about overwhelming. One thing’s for sure though, I would not, under any circumstances, leave Brookelle. I let her walk out of my life once before and I was not about to walk out on her.

A groan escaped my lips and my eyes slowly peeled open. My vision was blurry so I hastily started blinking to clear it up. It was then I realized that I was laying on her futon that was placed up against the back of her wall. No one noticed I was awake yet. Brookelle was sitting on her bed, twiddling her thumbs. Zach wasn’t in the room at the moment which made me wonder where he could’ve disappeared to.

I slowly brought myself into a sitting position, taking the rag off of my forehead in the process. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Brookelle who was looking right at me now, a worried expression on her face.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

I honestly didn’t know if I was okay. I just found out that I got my ex-girlfriend pregnant and that I was going to be a dad and the love of my life walked out on me because my other ex-girlfriend lied to her. It was a lot to take in.

“I don’t know.” I told her.

She looked back down to the floor and nodded.

“Look, if you don’t want to stay, if you don’t want anything to do with me or the baby-”

“Princess, don’t start that.” I cut her off. I used to call her my princess because, well, that’s what she was to me. She was my princess. She always would be.

I heaved myself off my position on the futon and walked over to her and sat down next to her, taking her hands in mine. She still wasn’t looking at me. She always did that whenever she was upset or had a lot on her mind and in most cases, both. I gently cupped her chin in my hands and made her look at me. Her brown eyes were full of sadness and worry that I would leave her.

“This baby-”

“Mason.” She told me.

“Mason…is just as much a part of me as he is of you. I did help make him believe it or not.” I joked, trying to get her to smile.

She rolled her eyes playfully. “I know, I was there.”

“And it was one of the best nights of my life. That’s why I’m not going to leave you. I’ll be right here next to you the whole step of the way, helping you in every way that I can.” I promised.

She searched my eyes for any hint of a fib but when she found nothing, a smile broke onto her face and she threw her arms around my neck. “Thank you.” she whispered into my neck.

“You’re welcome, princess. I’d do anything for you, you know that.”

She pulled away from the embrace and smiled at me.

“And by the way, I really like the name Mason.” Her smile got even wider, if at all possible.