Chapter 2 - The Relationship Agreement

Daniel’s POV

After 10 minutes of driving, I finally arrived at Miss Tomboy’s house. I parked my car just beside her white Chevrolet Camaro. After turning off the ignition, I stepped out of my car and walked towards her front door. I rang the doorbell and waited, but no one was answering. So I rang the doorbell once more.

‘Come on Kath! Please be home.’

Beginning to get impatient, I was about to open the door myself when I saw the doorknob twisting. I was about to pull my hand back but someone grabbed it and pulled me inside the house. I turned to face the person who grabbed my hand and realized that it was just Miss Tomboy and in front of her were Julia and Kiray, who both had an excited look on their faces. Anyway, I was about to ask Kath why she suddenly pulled me inside but she cut me off and said,

“Guys, meet Daniel Padilla.”

Julia, Kiray and I looked at her like she had grown two heads. What the hell? Why is she introducing me? Julia and Kiray already know who I am. What the eff is she up to now?

“Hoy Kath, shunga ka ba? Kilala na namin yang si Daniel!” Kiray chuckled and Julia giggled beside her. I inwardly agreed with them. Come on! We’ve all known each other for 3 years now!

 “Alam ko.. pero pinapakilala ko lang sya ulit kasi sabi nyo gusto nyo syang makilala..” Ms. Tomboy said and I noticed that Kiray and Julia abruptly stopped laughing and the both of them looked at me with a confused expression. Wtf?

Okay… I’m starting to get really confused and suspicious right now. I know Kathryn has something planned but what is it? I do not like this at all. I need to know what she’s up to as soon as possible so I can avoid it. Is this going to be her revenge on me for always making fun of her? Hmm, I have to be cautious and ready for whatever that’s coming.

“Kath.. don’t tell me na sya—“ Julia started to say but she got interrupted by Kiray. Both girls had really shocked looks on their faces.

‘Anyare dito sa dalawang to? Bakit sila natataranta na parang ewan?’ I thought.

“S-SYA ANG BOYFRIEND MO?!” Kiray yelled, staring at me with wide eyes.

Buffering….

50%  Loading…

99% Loading…

LOADING FAILED!

‘WAIT! WHAT THE HELL?! ANONG BOYFRIEND?!  KAMI NI KATH?! THE FOK?!’  I looked at the said girl but she avoided my shocked, questioning gaze. Instead, she looked at the two girls in front of us and nodded.  I tensed; I did not expect this to happen at all, never ever in my whole life.

I faced Kathryn again to ask her what she’s doing but she just mouthed the words, “please play along”. Her face had this pleading expression that I just couldn’t say no to. Having no other choice, I decided that I would play along for now and ask her about it later.

“H-H-HINDI AKO NANIWALA! MAG KAAWAY KAYA KAYO! P-PROVE IT KATH!” Kiray yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the both of us.

‘Tama! Mag kaaway kami! Ewan ko nga dito sa babaeng katabi ko! Ano nanaman kaya ang balak nito at sinabi nyang boyfriend nya ako dito sa dalawang kaibigan nya?’ I thought to myself. Obviously I didn’t say that out loud. Whatever this is that Kath is doing, I won’t ruin it. Well, not yet at least.

I noticed that Kathryn had this nervous look on her face. She hesitantly turned to face me, wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her — leaving barely a couple inches of space in between our bodies. She stood on her tippy toes and closed her eyes. She continued to pull me closer, the gap in between our faces slowly diminishing.