Chapter 1 - Meet The Boyfriend

Dark brown eyes frantically scanned the room in front of him. Papers, clothes and all sorts of garbage were littered everywhere – making his carpeted floor barely visible.

“Nasan na ba yun?! Argh! Hinalungkat ko na ‘tong buong kwarto ko, pero ni kahit isang papel wala! Lecheng buhay naman oh!” Scowling as he continued to search every nook and cranny of his room, “Malilintikan ako neto pag hindi ko nahanap yun. Due pa naman yun next next week!”

Daniel John Ford Padilla glared at the mess he had made, definitely not pleased of the idea of cleaning all the garbage up afterwards. The sixteen year old lied down on his queen sized bed and sighed, thinking of the trouble he’s going to get into if he doesn’t find his Science homework that is worth 25% of his final grade and Science was definitely not his best subject.

In other words, he is basically screwed.

“Tawagan ko nalang kaya ang barkada? Baka merong magpapakopya! Yes think positive DJ!” He exclaimed.  Grabbing his iPhone, he quickly dialled Neil’s cellphone number.

“Pick up, pick up, pick up!”

The number you dialled is currently unavailable, please try again later.

“Pak shiet! Kung kelan kailaingan ko nang tulong tsaka pa busy! Bad timing naman talaga oo!”

Scrolling through his contacts list, Daniel called Diego and EJ next but, they too, didn’t pick up. Starting to get really frustrated, he called everyone in the barkada, and even his other classmates, but still had no luck. They were either busy with other things, at an important occasion and could not talk at the moment or just not picking up at all. And to make things worse, he ran out of load too. Talk about bad luck huh?

“Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.” He sighed. “No choice but to go to Ms. Tomboy’s house, since she lives the closest.”

‘Sya na lang ang pag-asa ko.’ He thought inwardly, sighing once more.

Daniel begrudgingly got up from his bed and walked over to his bathroom and took a quick shower. After he was done, he walked towards his closet to put on a new set of clothes. He put on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a plain white T-shirt. He also slipped on his favorite pair of black Vans. After changing into a fresh set of clothes, he grabbed his leather jacket and car keys and walked out of his still messy room.

Locking the door of his home, DJ walked to his most prized possession; his yellow and black Mercedes Benz. Starting up the ignition, he pressed his foot down on gas and drove towards Ms. Tomboy’s house.

Or should I say, Kathryn Chandria Bernardo’s house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KATHRYN’S POV

“WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! NAGBIBIRO KA BA, KATH?!” Both Julia and Kiray asked rather loudly. I winced at the tone of their voices. Is it seriously that impossible for me to have a boyfriend to have them this shocked? Am I really that unattractive?

“Hindi ako nagbibiro! Promise! Meron talaga akong boyfriend!” I retorted. I have no other choice but to keep up this act. I can’t take back what has already been said, especially if I promised.

“OH EM GEE! WHO’S THE GUY?! KELANGAN NAMIN SYA MAKILALA A.S.A.P! KATHHHHHHHHHH! ANSWER US!”

Crap! What the hell am I supposed to say? Come on Kath! Think, think, think! My brain racked for anything clever to say but unfortunately, I came up with nothing.