Prologue

Hello sa inyo! Ako nga pala si Kathryn Chandria Bernardo. But my friends call me Kath or Kathryn for short. I’m 16 years old. A senior at St. Francis Nicholas Private High School.

And this is a story about me, my friends and my pretend boyfriend.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My Pretend Boyfriend
Written by: Bea Clarissa
All rights reserved. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

PROLOGUE

.

KATHRYN’S POV

“Hoy Julia! Pasa mo naman yung popcorn oh! Baka ubusin mo na agad, eh kakasimula palang nung movie. Ang takaw takaw mo pa naman!” shouted Kiray, her eyes never leaving the TV screen.

Meet Kiray Celis, also known as the gossiper of our group. She’s a shopaholic and boy crazy. A total girly girl. She’s 16 years old and a senior just like me and the rest of my group of friends (who you’ll meet later on in the story). She’s also taken by EJ Jallorina, who is part of our group.

“Oi Kiray ah! Sumosobra ka na! Hindi naman ako ganung katakaw! Oh ayan na! Saksak mo sa baga mo!” Julia shouted back as she threw the popcorn bowl towards Kiray causing several pieces of popcorn to fall out of the bowl. Kiray glared at her but took the bowl nonetheless.

That’s Julia Montes, my longtime best friend. We’ve known each other since we were little. She’s known as the the "foodaholic" of our group. She eats a lot but barely gains any weight. Anyway, she’s also a senior but she’s a year older than Kiray and I. She’s currently single.

“Tumigil na nga kayo! Para kayong mga shunga dyan eh. Hindi ko na maintindihan yung sinasabi nung mga characters oh! Pede bang i-enjoy na lang natin yung movie?” I sighed and mumbled, “Kung sino pa yung nag suggest, sila pa yung maingay.”

As you already know, my name is Kathryn. Full name is Kathryn Chandria Bernardo. 16 years old and a senior. Single. Known as the "tomboy" in our group. Neil gave me that nickname because apparently I wasn't girly enough. Well, it's kind of true given that I'm not boy crazy or a shopaholic. I'm just.. neutral. I guess.

Julia and Kiray looked at me weirdly but I paid no attention to them. I just focused on the movie playing in front of me. The movie they picked to watch was Miley Cyrus’ movie titled “LOL”. Knowing those two, of course they picked a romance movie.

“OMG OMG gurls! Ang cute naman nung guy! WAH AKO NA LANG HALIKAN MO PLEASE!” Kiray ran to the TV screen and kissed the guy or should I say the TV screen. “Mwah mwah mwah!”

“Hoy Kiray, tigilan mo nga yan! Ano ‘to?! PBB Teens? At isa pa, nilalagyan mo nang lipstick at laway yung TV! Ang daming germs na siguro nakalagay dyan. Yuck!” Julia teased, “Pag nakita ka ni EJ na ginagawa mo yan, baka magselos nanaman yun.”

Kiray turned around and stuck her tongue out at Julia, “Hoy ka din. Hindi ko ipagpapalit si Mocha Baby ko ‘noh. Never! He’s my one and only!” Kiray stood up and walked towards the couch. She sat  down between me and Juls.

“On the topic of boyfriends, how many have you guys had?” Julia suddenly asked out of the blue.

Shit. I hate talking about these kind of stuff. As I said above, I'm not boy crazy and could really care less about relationships at this point in my life. I'm in no rush. I'm only 16 after all!

“Isa pa lang. At si Mocha baby ko yun. Sya ang first and last ko! Ikaw ba Juls? Ilan na ang naging boyfriends mo?” Kiray answered her, obviously interested in the current topic.

"Ah eh.." Julia scratched her head and shyly answered, "Isa pa lang din. Pero matagal na yun! Hindi ko na nga tanda kung anong pangalan nung guy eh. Ahahaha."

 Then their attention landed on me. Oh crap. Here comes the interrogating. Lord please, save me from this torture! Please, please, please! I'll do anything, so please get me out of this situation. Waaaaah! 

“Eh ikaw Kath?”

Having no other options left, I just pretended I didn’t hear the both of them. I really don’t like talking about my love life. It’s nonexistent anyway so why talk about something that doesn’t exist? It's just a waste of time.

Julia waved her hand in front of my face and kept on calling my name while Kiray was shaking me lightly. Lord? Are you there? Let me get away from these two! Pleaaaaaaaaaase?

“Kath? Hello? Narinig mo ba yung sinabi namin? Huy!”

“Oo Juls, narinig ko kayo.” I sighed, guess I’m not getting out of this conversation anytime soon. So might as well get it over with.

“Yun naman pala eh. Sagutin mo na yung tanong ko please? You never talk about your love life, kahit sa akin wala kang sinasabi!” Julia crossed her arms and pouted, “Nagtatampo na tuloy ako sa’yo best.”

Oh no. She has the pout on. Nobody could resist that pout. Not even her parents. That’s why she always gets what she wants and get away with whatever. She's not a spoiled brat who carelessly spend their parent's money over trivial stuff. Julia uses her money wisely but if she really wants something and you don't give it to her, she'll never stop giving you that look until she gets it.

“Aish. Sige na nga, magsasalita na ako. Ano nga ba ulit yung tanong nyo?"

“How many boyfriends did you have already?” They repeated that dreaded question. Ugh, why am I surrounded with girly girls? No offense to others but is having a boyfriend really that important?

“Juls,” Kiray butted in, “I bet you hindi pa sya nagkaroon nang boyfriend ever! NBSB yan!” She pointed her finger at me and laughed. Julia laughed softly beside her.

Starting to get really annoyed with Kiray; I glared at her and said something I probably shouldn’t have, “Hindi kaya! In fact, meron akong boyfriend ngayon!”

I regretted those words as soon as they escaped my mouth.

What do I do now?!?!

.

.

.

I'm so screwed.

------------------------------------------

Hope you like the prologue! Please tell me what you think in the comments section! :>

Sorry kung mostly dialogue. Amateur writer lang ako eh. Patawad na rin kung maikli. I'll try to make the next chapter longer. No promises though!