7-Beach Stay

Hana's POV

I smiled looking out the window of the limo. Kyoya said, "Isn't this great nice?" The trees went by in a blur of brown. Yet they were becoming more sparse.

I watched the scenery go by, "It's beautiful, but when will we arrive at the beach?" The sand started to become visible. I can't sea the ocean yet...

He said, "In a few moments. This will be our first trip." I turned to face him. I mean, it is. Do most families do this kind of stuff?

I gently smiled, "Yeah, I hope it goes great. I like spending time with you. Now that I'm not in prison, I can go wherever you do." He let out a resigned sigh and chose to ignore the prison comment.

He said, "You'll be full of options on stuff to do, besides swimming. We don't want what happened at the resort to occur again.

I reluctantly said, "Alright." Kyoya apparently talked our dad into letting me go on this trip. In all honesty, I wish dad trusted me more about keeping myself safe. I sighed, hopefully, I can still have fun.

We pulled up to our family's beach house and dropped our bags in our rooms. I ended up in the room right beside Kyoya. At least if I need anything I can go to his room.

The other went to change into our bathing suits. I sighed gently messing with my wheelchair in the living room. I stared down at the black shorts at my mid-thigh and light grey t-shirt. Then realized Haruhi hadn't left either. I smiled, "Hey."

She smiled, "Hey. You aren't going to swim today at all?" She had on a broad smile. She clutched her book to her chest.

I looked down, "W-well no." Her face immediately dropped. She seemed to have came to the realization again, that I was disabled.

Haruhi jumped in, "I'm sorry, Hana. I didn't think about it." She bowed to me in apology. I nodded at her.

I smiled towards her, "It's okay. I have therapy, maybe one day I can walk. Maybe I'll actually swim someday." Then the hosts came into the living room all in swim trunks. I said, "Okay, time to go right?"

Tamaki cheerfully responded, "Yep. Let's go!" I went out slowly trailing behind the hosts. Sand is such a pain.

-----

I came up to Mori and saw him pointing a spear at Haruhi. Soon enough Haruhi headed off with the twins. I gently went over to Mori, "Hey wanna go see something with me? Kyoya probably wouldn't want me to go there alone."

Honey came over and smiled, "That sounds nice. Takashi go with Hana-chan and keep her safe." He rolled me up to the top of a big boulder. It overlooked the sea, the sight was beautiful. I rolled by the edge and looked down, "Now falling down from here would be scary."

He grabbed my wheelchair and pulled me away from the edge, "Then stay away from it." I sighed, "True." He nodded and stayed silent. He patted my head.

I sighed, "Are you okay?" I watched the wind gently blow his hair around. His grey eyes staring directly into mine.

He said, "Mm." Is he really okay? I gently shrugged my shoulders. I know I won't get anymore responses.

I sighed, "Alright." After a few more minutes we both went down off boulder. I guess that'll be one of the few times I ever hear him talk.

-----

Tamaki came out of the water packing Haruhi. Two guys the twins beat up had shoved her in and harassed some of the guests. I tuned back in when Tamaki yelled, "You're a girl! You should've got help! You're not like Honey or Mori you can't defend yourself!" Is that what Tamaki thinks about all girls?

Haruhi sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't think about that senpai. But I did what I needed to at the moment." Then they kept arguing. But I tuned it out.

Mori glanced at me and probably noticed my worried look. It was confirmed when he played with my hair. I looked at him and tuned back in. Honey asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah I'm okay. Just fine." I looked out at the sunset. Hmm... It's been a bit, hasn't it?

Honey got on top of Mori's shoulders, "Are you sure?" I stared at the pair. They seemed concerned for me.

I weakly smiled, "Yeah." Honey knew better though, I know he's smart. He had a look of obvious knowledge that I had zoned out. He kept his cute and clueless demeanor, though.

Honey said, "You zoned out. Everyone else already left. Kyoya had to take care of stuff, so Takashi and I stayed to protect you." Then I looked around us. Well, I zoned out worse than I thought.

I looked around, "Hmm, I guess so." I guess he left me with the strongest people he knows. These two, they don't act like they're martial arts masters though.

Honey smiled, "What were you thinking about?"

I shook my head no, "It's fine." I guess Tamaki is right. These two are stronger than me and Haruhi.

Honey said, "Let's go back to the house." We started to go but my wheelchair had dug itself into the sand.

Mori noticed and said, "Hold on." In confusion, I clutched the arms of my wheelchair and he grabbed a back handle and an armrest picking it up. Then like that, I was packed back to the house that night.

-----

I came into the hall to eat supper. I had on a blue tank top and black leggings. My hair was up in a ponytail and my blue socks clung to my feet. The twins, Tamaki, and honey all looked surprised. I sighed, "Guys it's just me."

Honey ran up to me, "Hey Hana-chan!" He clutched my hand. Then he spun my chair in a circle. Then he headed back to the kitchen.

I nodded, "Hey honey." I wonder why Honey and Mori are always so nice?

The twins spoke, "So she can be cute..."

Tamaki cut in, "Men of course. She is a delicate flower." A delicate flower? Me?

The twins said in unison, "But boss you're saying she's delicate. What're you going to do when she gets hurt?"

With that Kyoya's pen snapped in two, "That will not occur." The twins and Tamaki stared at Kyoya in horror as I simply sighed. Haruhi came into the room in a pink dress.

I smiled, "So pretty." Haruhi was given complements from everyone but Tamaki, Mori, and Kyoya. After a while, at supper, Haruhi apologized for not calling for help then ran off before she threw up. But of course, Tamaki had stormed off and didn't get to hear it. Tamaki isn't to smart.

I went to my room and sighed. I looked at my legs, "Yeah... Maybe one day I'll actually be able to swim." I looked out the window and saw the dark clouds. After sitting by the window for a little while I watched the rain hit the window pane.

I stared at the gloomy sight I had grown somewhat accustomed to. Soon enough there was thunder and lightning. I rolled away from the window and laid in my bed.

Originally Posted Feb. 12, 2019
Most recently updated July 30, 2020