Chapter 4. Stop This Pain Tonight

I wake up to my phone blasting Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco. It's My ringtone for Luke.

"Hello...Babe? You ok?" I ask checking the time. Its 4 am.

"Hey... Blake?" He says. It sounds like he has been crying. His voice is raspy.

"Luke, what's wrong?"

"It-it's Molly... you remember me telling you about Molly right?... She... she passed away." He can barely get it out, and starts sobbing. This is terrible. I know how close him and Molly were. She was the sweetest dog.

"Oh Luke... I'm so sorry. How can I help you feel better?"

"Thanks. I don't know. I just can't stop thinking about her as a puppy. I'm sorry love, I know it is late."

"It's ok. I'll be there in a few." The only way to make him feel better is to go and be with him.

Slowly, I get out of bed and throw on one of Luke's sweatshirts and some nike shorts. The sweatshirt is too big, and covers my shorts, but I don't care. I hop in my car and drive to their house, stopping at Starbucks first. I get myself a java chip frappe and get Luke his favorite drink. After a short drive, I pull up to the house. All of the boys have their cars parked in the driveway, so there is no room for mine. I park on the street. He told me where the spare key is hidden, so I let myself inside. I go upstairs and walk into his room.

He is sitting on his bed messing with his phone.

"Hey, I brought you something." I hand him his coffee.

"Thanks Blake." He says with a sad smile, and motions for me to sit with him.

"No problem. I hate seeing you so upset." I respond, and cuddle up to him. He smiles a little.

"You stole my sweatshirt?" He motions to my outfit and fakes a hurt expression. I think he wants to lighten the mood.

"Pff nooo..." I say jokingly. He left this sweatshirt at my house a few days ago. To be honest though, I was happy about that. It's my favorite.

"I want it back. Now." He says giggling.

"Awh c'mon! All I'm wearing underneath is a bra and tiny tank top"

"Then I definitely want it off!" He exclaims with a rather large smile on his face.

"Ughhh..." I say tugging the sweatshirt over my head, then wrapping myself in his blanket.

"Thank you." He says giggling.

"You're so difficult." I roll my eyes.

He smiles. I cuddle back up to him. He softly kisses my forehead. We sit in silence for a while.

I'm beginning to drift off to sleep when I hear him sniffle. I look up at him.

"Damnit, I thought you were asleep." He says looking down at me.

"Luke, it's ok. Tell me stories about her. Maybe that will help."

I listen to him tell stories about Molly. He cries a little every once in a while.

"Sorry you have to see me like this." He says, clearly embarrassed.

"Like what?"

"Crying like a baby. I feel dumb crying over an animal." He says with a scoff.

"Babe, its ok to cry every once in a while. Especially, when it's something with a lot of importance to you." Personally, I don't cry much. If I do cry, I don't like to in front of people. I hate people feeling bad for me. I don't mind that he is crying in my presence, though. It makes me feel good that he trusts me enough to let me see him like this. I smile up at him, getting lost in his sad eyes. "Want to watch a movie to get your mind off if it?"

"Sure." He says, yawning. He has that dimple near his eye that he only gets when he is tired.

"Anchorman?"I ask smiling.

"Of course."I get up to turn the movie on. When come back, I lay down on my back. He cuddles up to me and lays his head on my stomach. I cringe. That is a place i am most insecure about. He must have felt me tense up because he looks up at me.

"You ok babe?" He asks worried.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine!" I respond quickly.

"Promise?"

"Promise." He looks at me skeptically, and then lays back down.

I play with his hair, and soon I hear his breaths even out. He is asleep. I smile. He is so peaceful. I eventually drift off to sleep, too.

____________________________________________________

A/N: this chapter is bad and sad

sorry!

this was a filler chapter... i might skip to the tour cause i actually have some ideas for it.

give me feedback!

the title is lyrics from Blink-182's I Miss You

~em xx