Twenty-Eight

Lucas
Boba teas, who knew?
I've kissed her drunk on tequilas, wines and soju but we never made out like this. I mean, if it was physically and anatomically possible, we would have turned both our mouths inside out.
"Someone's been missing me." Ara said, in between kisses.
"We could do this all day." I said as I moved down her neck.
"We're gonna need a bigger couch." She said as she threw the pillows on her back to the floor.
"How many days are you staying in Shanghai?" I said as I moved down her chest.
"One week."
I stopped.
"A week?!"
"Yeah, it's not like you're gonna notice, I mean, you can just work your ass of in the hospital and we can still video chat." She said as she pulled me back in to a kiss.
"Wait, can I ask you something?" I said as I was still on top of her.
"What?" She said
"Are we going all the way?" I said
"What do you mean all the way?"
"Like all the way, like buttons flying everywhere-"
"You are not gonna rip this shirt off of me, this is Chanel. And I don't want to spend the mornings looking for those gold buttons."
"What, you want them neatly folded and placed on the table?"
"You have it easy, you're in your PJs. This is Chanel."
"Well, these PJs are Gucci."
"Really?" She said as she touched the fabric of my pants. And well, it kinda feels nice to be touched-ish.
"No, this is Gap. Answer me." I said
She rolled her eyes.
"Answer me first, while you're propped on top of me, with all your weight being supported by your hands, your answer to this will determine if we are gonna go all in. Got it?"
"Got it." And now my hands are shaking.
"What are we really? Before we have sex, I think I deserve, no, we deserve to have that established." She said
I looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "Amara Hayden, will you be my girlfriend?" I said
She smiled.
"That question would just get you to second base."
"Really? Not even third?"
"I'm kidding. Yes, Seo Lee Kyung, I'd be honored to." She said
"Oh thank God. Today is day one." I said
"Yes, day one." She said
"I have a girlfriend now."
"Yes. I'm your girlfriend now." When she said that, I dropped on her and hugged her.
"I'm somebody's boyfriend now." I said
She laughed at my statement.
"Yeah, and we are finally legit." She said
I stood up.
"Can you stay the night?" I said
"Yeah. I don't really have anyone to go home to."
"You're gonna sleep in Chanel?" I said
"I thought we weren't gonna sleep?" She said
"We can't possibly do it all night, I mean the amo-"
"Shut up with your doctor thingies." She said as she stood up and kissed me again.
"Perfect way to shut me up." I said as I pulled her in.
"Wait, are you sure you want to do this?" She said
"With you? I'm always sure about you."
"I mean, this. There's no going back, Lucas."
"Ara-"
"Lucas, am I really gonna be your first?" She said
"My first and last. Hell, I'd propose to you right now, if you want."
"Shit, dude. No, that's like taking the fast lane. It's our day one and you want to go all in?"
"It's not our day one. And this was probably delayed already." I said
"I just want to make sure that I'm not gonna be taking away the whole village's dignity or something."
I frowned.
"Aigoo, I'm Korean and I don't live in that kind of village. I'm not the Prince."
"I would have married you today if you were the prince."
"I am descended from one though."
"You're just saying that!" She said
"No, I am. Seriously, Prince Lee Hwon of Baekje." I said
"Really?"
I nodded.
"He was just ousted when the Three Kingdoms united and-"
"Lucas, I really don't care to be honest. Right now, you and I are just Lucas and Ara-"
I kissed her again.
"We should really stop kissing and just get on with it." She said
"Why, are you getting bored?"
"No, at this rate, I might miss my flight tomorrow." She said
For the first time since I got that bed, there is a woman messing it up. Messing it up in a really nice way, it's not that I put too much effort in fixing it, I do but holy shit, I am gonna do this.
We stopped for a moment and looked each other in the eyes, it was awkward but then she was looking for something in my eyes.
"What, is there an eyelash or something?" I said
"No, I'm looking for any hint of-"
"Do you want to do this?" I asked
"Yes, but only if you want to. I really don't want to be a bad influence on you."
"This isn't American high school wherein I'm the transfer and you show me stuff and we do stuff-"
"I know, but-"
As a doctor who studied and stayed up countless nights learning and reading about the human anatomy, I understand how sex works and what it does to the body and the brain, but it's a whole lot different when you're experiencing it. I think I am forgetting what I learned about intercourse in medical school. I think I am forgetting who I am.
I don't think I can describe what is going on, I just know that it is happening and I can't even paint a picture of it.
I just can't think.
It's not like the movies actually, it's a bit messy, and awkward because I really didn't know what to do but I still ended up doing it and finishing it.
We were just laying there on my bed, trying to catch our breaths, I couldn't even wrap my head with what happened.
"Are you back here on Earth?" She said, breaking the awkward silence between us.
"I think I can finally understand why a lot of people do it."
"Then I guess, congratulations Dr. Seo." She said
"I still can improve right? I mean, it's just the-"
"It's not graded, you idiot. But I have to say, that was impressive." She said
"Which one? The sex or my not-Asian penis?" I said
She suddenly looked at me.
"Okay-" she laughed so hard.
"What? Was I that bad? Oh god, I am the thirty year old virgin."
"No! I made the sex work, your penis was, definitely not Asian."
"Told ya. I am proud to say that it is, for a fact, natural."
"Babe, can we like, stop talking about it? I mean, I've seen and, and felt it and literally it was in me-"
"Can we do it again?" I said
She frowned.
"Again?" She repeated.
"Yeah, it's the adrenaline talking. Unless, you're tired."
She sat up and grabbed something from her pants.
"You're leaving?" I said
"No, here." She said as she handed me a packet of condom.
"You keep condoms in your pocket?" I said
"I'm surprised you don't have it in your bedside table." She said as she threw her pants on the floor again, her Hermès belt buckle hitting the floor hard.
"Well, then since I am your boyfriend now, might as well keep a lot of them because I am enjoying this and I have a feeling that we might be doing this a lot."
"As long as you wear it properly, not leave it in me and don't put a baby in me just yet." She said
"I might already have had sex with you before we got married, hell, maybe on the day you and I decided to be a thing, but I am not gonna impregnate you yet since we are not yet married."
"Good, because I don't want my child to have his or her legitimacy questioned." She said
I was a little bit busy with putting the condom on under the sheets when she looked at me.
"Do you even know how to put it on?" She said
I frowned at her.
"Yah! I might have been a virgin a few minutes ago but I know how to put on a condom. I'm not an idiot and I have taken up obstetrics and gynecology in medical school and I received a grade of 98." I said as I removed the sheets and showed her.
"There! It's already in." I said, she looked at it and laughed.
"Oh god. Okay, doc. I am not going home today and I have to leave at four in the afternoon. Between those hours, it's just you and me-"
"I really wish you didn't introduce me to this the day before you leave." I said as I positioned myself on top of her.
"Really? I mean, we could stop, it's not like we have started yet." She said as she placed her arms on my back.
"You're going to Shanghai for a week, what am I supposed to do next Wednesday?" I said
"Not other doctors, I hope."
"Monogamy is my thing, Hayden." I said
We ended up not just doing it twice that night, okay, we did it three times. But then she was exhausted, with me and probably the long day she's had, and she just fell asleep. I sat up to look at the mess of clothes that happened on the floor, and I really thought to pick them all up and fold them neatly but, when I started to move my legs, they just wanted to rest. And well, I think I just asked Alexa to turn off the lights.
When I woke up, I woke up to looking at Ara's back. I think, she didn't move from the time that she slept until now. But then, as I was staring at her back, I can't help but notice a slight curvature of her spine. It was faint, but it was there. I think she has scoliosis.
As I was about to touch it, she turned around and faced me.
"Hi." I said
"You're looking at my back." She said
"No, I-"
"You're trying to see if I have scoliosis." She said
"N-how did you know?"
She rolled her eyes.
"It's not a bad curve. And it doesn't hurt so-"
"How long have you got that?"
"I don't know, high school maybe?"
I nodded.
"How about you?"
"I don't have scoliosis."
"How about any other disorders?"
"No, I was raised to be the perfect, healthy, son of the Chairman of a company."
She smiled.
"I told you before, I am damaged goods."
"And yet, here you are, a few steps closer to being the chairman and here I am, very far away from being head of the neurosurgery department." I said
"That would make you the brain?" She said
"That was bad." I said
"I know. But, I can, you know, make you-"
"No, we're not gonna use your power to make me head. You can, however, make me head of the household."
She frowned.
"Okay, how much do you think do you need for that research?"
"We're not talking about money the morning after we just had sex." I said
"Fine, but I really am willing to help you with that, you know."
"Thank you for your support but, I think I am more comfortable with you just supporting the researcher and not the research itself."
"Do you think I should grant research funds to any one of your colleagues?" She asked.
"Honestly? As a fellow researcher, yes. But, as me, they're a bunch of dicks."
"I haven't met any one of them anyway." she said
"Mind if I ask, how much are you giving any way?" I said
"Oh, uh, $20,000."
"Oh."
"Is that too small?"
"No, I just assumed that it would be bigger. I mean, they said that you are the-"
"The bigger donor? Yeah, it's Marshall. Not me."
"Really?"
"Although, I don't know how much is he giving but it's bigger than mine."
I nodded.
"Are you in a mood for some breakfast?" I asked
"How about we have sex once more and then have breakfast?" She said
"Yes please." I said