Chapter 2

“For the last time!” I yelled while scowling at the cheer girls in front of me.

“Melissa, your leg has to be at a ninety degree angle. Kathy, your hands are not straight, they should look like a perfect ‘Y’, and Jimmy.” I said while smiling sweetly while walking up to him. “Stop looking up and into the girl’s skirts, keep your concentration forward and keep a damn smile on your face.” I said while walking away.

I stood in front of the girl, looking at their formation, they continued to get things wrong. And small things, stupid things, and things they should not be getting wrong.

“Really you guys, this is easy. NOW DO IT AGAIN!” I yelled at them while scowling, my patients was running low. We have our first football game this Friday, and they can’t even get this right.

That and I have pressure to come up with a new cheer routine.

“Today you guys.” I said while taking a drink from my water bottle as I watched the girls get into formation, once again.

“Go.” I said while starting the music.

“One. Two. Three. Four.” I said with them as they counted themselves off.

“I can’t hear you!” I yelled at them making them increase their volume.

I watched as one of the girls did a cartwheel in front of me, it looked well and clean after she finally listened to my advice. Jimmy continued to get distracted though, it was irritating.

I clapped as the song ended, they group ended with their last formation. Almost every single girl was breathing heavily, even the guys, as they watched me.

“Good.” I said while smiling at them. They ended it  at a pretty good time too, schools starts soon. It’s not perfect, but it will be, soon. Even if I have to work them extra hard.

“Now leave, go get changed and ready for school. And I better not hear anything about you guys being late, I don't want the principal bitching at me again.” I said before picking up the portable stereo and my water bottle and walking away from them and towards the changing room.

There were people in charge of picking up all of the equipment, at the captain all I had to do was watch, correct, and participate when needed. Sure I was in the actual squad, just not during this practice.

“Were we really that bad?” I heard one of my closest friends say.

I turned to Alex and smiled, her name is Alexandra but Alex is easier.

“You guys are making simple mistakes, it’s very irritating to watch.” I said while sighing.

“Not us.” I heard my second closest friend say.

“No, not you Angie, Alex either. But come one, if one person messes up then they make the whole squad look stupid.” I said while opening my locker.

I placed the stereo inside and grabbed my towel.

“Change them.” Alex said.

“Yea, give them one of the invisible spots.” Angie said.

I shook my head. “I’m going to give them a little bit more time, if not I will change them.” I said while scowling.

Nobody likes the invisible spots. It’s when you’re in the squad, and you work with us, but when it comes to actual games and competitions, their spots are practically invisible.

“It’s so irritating. But you guys should try to help them, I don't know how much longer I can stand watching them act stupid without blowing up.” I said while walking to the shower while taking off my clothes.