Chapter Two

"Slytherin"

The word echoed in Draco's head, his eyes still lost in Harry's jade green ones from metres away. He looked off to the side, a small snarl on his lips, and turned back at Harry with a glare. But Harry wasn't there anymore.

Harry was already off the stage and sitting at the Gryffindor table, complaining grumpily to his friends. Harry's back was towards Draco, so he couldn't see his face, but he could see the petite little redhead latched onto Harry's side. Weaslette.

Draco hated that chick, and as much as he tried to convince himself he only hated her because she was a Weasley, he knew there was another reason. Draco had a crush on Harry Potter, and she was in the way.

He had a crush on Harry Potter that was so big if he got rejected his mental state would be in shambles. So that's why he kept it a secret, from the end of the second year all the way to the present. But in the end, doing nothing about his love and letting it fester in the depths of his mind was the worst idea possible, and if anything that just made his crush bigger. Anyways, Harry was straight, he had a girlfriend, and the was nothing Draco could do about it except get over it.

Lunch was soon dismissed, and the students went about their own thing. It was a weekend, after all. Draco decided to go for a walk around Hogwarts. The sun was bright and the flowers were blooming, yet there was a slight chill in the air. He left himself to wander absent-mindedly around the castle, lost in his own thoughts.

Draco soon found himself in the courtyard. The grass was bright green, the trees were covered in leaves, and the students that littered the place had smiles spread over their faces. Draco leant against a tree, eating a green apple, when his eyes caught the sight of a familiar brunette-haired boy with glasses and a lightning scar.

Harry walked past Draco, not even noticing him stood there, and Draco decided to try and get Potter's attention.

"You stink, Potter!" Draco remarked, snarling aggressively at Harry and chucking away the core of his long-forgotten apple. Harry stopped and turned towards Draco, sighing deeply. Draco just smirked. "What do you want, Malfoy?"

Draco moved towards Harry, getting closer and closer. Draco moved in so close it was chilling, exhaling onto Harry's jawline and sending visible chills down his spine. Draco leant in so much his nose was almost touching Harry's neck, the neck he had so long dreamt about littering with marks and love bites for everyone to see that Harry was his.

'Stop it, hormones' Draco thought, having to remind himself to calm down.

Draco indulged in the scent of old parchment, a new bottle of glossy black ink, and various sweet and savoury spices. His face and demeanour visibly softened from the addicting scent. All those different smells blurred together into a hypnotizing, unique scent, Harry's scent.
It was like a drug, and Draco was addicted after just one measly sniff.

"Malfoy, what the bloody hell are you doing?"

Draco put on a disgusted face, pulling away from Harry and waving the air away from his nose mockingly. "What Cologne are you wearing? It reeks!"

"Shut up, Malfoy!" Harry snarled dismissively and walked away, Draco watching him from afar with a hint of a smirk on his face.

---

There were only three days until the house swap was to commence, and Harry felt more jittery than usual. After what Draco said, Harry was determined to make himself smell like the best thing Draco had ever smelt. He asked Ron and Neville, and they both recommended the same Cologne.

The evening air in the courtyard was sweet and fresh, the scent of spring flowers wafting through the air. Harry marched loudly through the courtyard, loud enough to get Malfoy's attention. He stopped right in front of said blond, a determined look in his enticing, Jade green eyes.

Draco looked down at Harry in confusion.

"Smell me," Harry instructed, looking up at his rival threateningly through his thick, dark bangs. Draco was taken aback, to say the least. He was still trying to figure out what that meant when Harry spoke up. "You idiot. You're always saying I stink, right? Is this any better!?" Harry demanded, cocking his head to the side so Draco would have easy access to his neck.

The whole courtyard watched as Draco leant into Harry's neck and took a few sniffs before pulling back, his face scrunched up in fake disgust.

"You smell even worse than last time! Where did you get that scent from, Weaselbee?"

Harry was fuming, and after a few seconds, he burst. "Why would you even care what I smell like, anyway? You know what, tomorrow I'm gonna smell so good you won't even believe your own nose!!" And with that he stormed off, leaving Draco to wonder what Harry's plan was.

~the next day, two days before the swap~

2:00 am

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Harry whispered, and with a flick of his wand, the Marauder's Map revealed it's secrets.

With a short observation of the map, Harry found the only person around the halls to be Filch, and he was all the way down in the dungeons. All Harry had to do was sneak into the potions classroom...

---

For the whole day, whenever Harry walked down a hallway or around a corner, heads would turn his way. Compliments would fly, drooling girls and boys would follow him around, asking what Cologne he was wearing and "ooohhhhh you smell so good I just wanna diiieeeeee!!"

Harry didn't see Draco for the whole day, so in the evening he decided to go to the courtyard. As expected, Draco was leaning against the same tree as usual. When Draco noticed Harry from across the courtyard, he glanced up at him through his platinum locks and put on a playful smirk.

"Smell me. And this time you HAVE to like it."

Draco looked slightly confused but obliged. It was the same routine as usual. Draco leaning into Harry's neck and lingering a little too long to be considered completely straight, then Draco pulling back with a face of disgust.

"What kind of game are you playing, Potter? You smell just like you usually do, no different!" Draco exclaimed. "Gosh... They say you're the chosen one but you're so damn daft..." Draco mumbled to himself.

Harry's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe it. "Sorry, I think I heard you wrong. Did you say I smell exactly the same as usual?" He queried, the cogs in his brain whirring around and ticking into place. "Yes, I did. Did you expect me to have a different reaction or something?" Draco scoffed, but Harry didn't move.

"Why are you just standing there, Potter? You look like a goldfish," Draco remarked, but Harry ignored him and ran back into the castle and all the way up to the Gryffindor common room. "Stupid Potter..." Draco muttered to himself with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Meanwhile, Harry was standing in the door of the Gryffindor common room after bursting in without warning. His face was glistening with sweat and he was panting from running all the way from the courtyard to the Gryffindor common room.

"Harry Potter? Why are you so out of breath?" A small Gryffindor girl asked him, catching the attention of the utter Gryffindors in the room. Harry just ignored them and continued up to his room, where he found Ron and Hermione sitting on Ron's bed, studying.

When they finally noticed Harry, they were a bit taken aback by Harry's breathlessness. "Harry? Where've you been, mate? And why are you panting like a dog?" Ron questioned.

"It's Draco. This week he kept going on about how much I stink and I should get new Cologne, but today I went up to him and asked him how I smelt. He said I smell like I usually do!"

Ron and Hermione's faces were blank. Hermione spoke up. "Harry, I don't see your point here. Why would it be weird that you smell normal?" Harry sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Because I was wearing Amortentia."