Chapter 9

(Dresses below)

     As promised, 3 dresses were delivered to my room by an cute little elderly woman I had never seen before. 

     As I laid the hangers on the bed, I hated he had spent the money to buy me these. I didn't need all this, one simple dress would have been fine. 

     I pulled off the top of the pile a half green, half white dress. I'm not usual into the color green, but something about the brown belt and white mixed with it made me love it. 

     Laying it to the side, I picked up a black dress

     Laying it to the side, I picked up a black dress. I love the color black, and the lace made it look sexy and classy.

 I love the color black, and the lace made it look sexy and classy

     Finally, the blue dress. Its color was gorgeous, and the rhinestones seemed to bring it to life.  

     It was hard to choose a dress, but I finally decided on the black one. I just loved the skirt and lace so much. Slipping on the dress, I headed into the bathroom.

     Applying a coat of mascara to my lashes, I slipped out the door to meet him outside his room. He beat me to the idea, because as I closed my door behind me he was waiting right next to it's hinges. I was startled, and I jumped backwards landing on my butt.

     He wore his usual dark suit, and his hair was combed back. He looked perfect, but I would bet it only took 10 minutes for him to get ready.  

     Instead of hopping back up, I prompted to laying down on the floor completely. It was nice to rest my body, as I hadn't gotten a power nap today. 

     Zivon chuckled at me, his chuckle humorous but still dark. It was a beautiful darkness, like the yin-yang symbol but with out the white side. Only darkness, with the smallest specks of light you could only get a glimpse of if you really cared to look. 

     He picked me up in an instant, settling me on my feet. I realized I hadn't bothered to put on any shoes, and he seemed to notice too. 

     "Did you want to put on some shoes? Your closet is stocked."

     "Hmm, No. I don't really like shoes." I shrugged.

     "Okay," he said, and then he did something I never thought he would do. 

     He smiled. Really smiled. Not one of the small ones he gave me when I said something unexpected or idiotic. 

     This smile reached his eyes. It was like his eyes were smiling too, twinkling a little brighter than usual. 

     His lips parted slightly, and I could see his shining white teeth. 

     I loved it. I loved his smile, how his whole face lit up. How his usual darkness seemed to still creep through the cracks. It was some sort of twisted beauty. 

     And then it was gone, replaced by a scowl. It seemed as if he was confused as to what he had just done. It was sad, he didn't seem to understand what his smile meant. It meant everything. 

     That's when I knew I would do anything just to see it again.

*******

     We pulled up to a classy looking restaurant. I immediately felt uncomfortable, I have never been to a restaurant. Especially not a nice one like this. 

     Zivon opened my car door, and we walked in the building through fancy glass doors. A woman stood there, in front of some tall desk thingy and walked us to a white booth. My bare feet padded across the slick tile, and I felt almost out of place. 

     The inside of the mystery restaurant was beautiful, with crystal chandeliers hanging from the tall ceilings. The color scheme was clearly white and silver, giving the place a fairly-tale feel to it. Men and women in formal dress sat around tables and booths.  

     Sliding into the booth across from Zivon, a piece of laminated paper was placed in front of me. Silver swirls bordered silver font, and the white background tied the theme together. 

     "What did you do in the days I didn't see you?" Zivon broke the silence in a serious manner, and I placed the strange paper back on the smooth table top. 

     "Well, I mainly pestered your guards. It's fun really. They get this agitated look on their face, but its like they're trying to trap it. Until they don't anymore, and I end up running through the house with them hot on my tail," I explained. A grin appeared on his face, not like the strikingly devilish smile I saw earlier, but still beautiful. 

     "You really shouldn't do that, I would have to kill them if they caught you." 

     "Zivon!" I gasped, amazed at his boldness. 

     He chuckled, the dark laugh I've grown to be fawned of. Just as I was about to shoot back some witty remark, a woman with shiny dark hair approached our table. 

     I was confused as to what she wanted. She seemed to work here, as she wore a name tag, but still.

      "Hello, I'm Grace and I'll be your server for this evening. What can I get for you to start out tonight?" She threw a smile at Zivon, ignoring my presence. I already hated her. 

     "Hi. Can we get to glasses of Krug Clos d'Ambonnay Champagne please." Zivon was obviously accustom to this, so I went with it.

     "Definitely, be right back," she winked at Zivon turning and walked away, swinging her hips. Slut. 

     Zivon wasn't watching her, only looking at me. When our eyes connected, his eyes were different, darker. 

     "Nova, I brought you here for a reason, as I'm sure you can guess," Of course he did. This man never does anything without a reason. If he did, he wouldn't be head of mafia. 

     "We need to talk."