Trial

Claire stood outside of the courtroom. She was nervously running her hands through her long hair. Tall noticed her anxiety and pulled her to him.

"Be calm, love. You will do well and so will I. You shouldn't worry."

"How can I not Tall? Even though you stabbed Andrew all those months ago for my defense they'll still charge you. God only knows what they'll charge you with."

"Claire, have faith. It will be alright." Tall spoke as he pulled her close to his body. She wrapped her arms around his strong back. She sighed into his chest.

" I hope so Tall. I have been through so much in the last few months. "

"I know and you will beat this war against Andrew. Justice will come his way."

She looked at Tall nervously.

"Claire. It's time." Her lawyer poked his head to the outside world. Claire sighed once more. The court was dismissed for a quick ten minute lunch. She couldn't believe how quickly time had gone because of her nervousness.

Claire straightened her suit and put her shoulders back. She was going to win this trial and that was that.

After hours of arguing and re accounting her side of the story the jury's move their way to the back room. Claire looked at Tall who was sitting in the front row of the benches. He gave her a loving look. "It is almost over." He mouthed. She half smiled. She placed her elbows on the table and away from her sides. She had been so nervous she had sweat soaked down her arms. Claire ran her hands threw her hair. What would she do if  Andrews lawyer had twisted the story enough on her that she might lose? The lawyer after all stated things that were and were not true, like how She forced Sundance to step on his arm so that she could feel safe while taking him to the jail. What if the jury would think her story was a lie because of this? She had done that out of fear and anger. " Why am I such and Idiot?" She thought to her self, but her thoughts were interrupted when the door to the jury room opened. She looked at her watch. They'd only been in there for ten minutes! "Shit. I lost this case." She thought while watching the jury member hand the judge the paper.

"Adrew Dennis you are found guilty in the first degree. You will be sentenced to eighteen years in federal prison with the possibility of parole after ten years served.

Claire almost jumped out of her chair with joy but she had to stay in her seat as the courts finished up. She got lost in her mind and in her victory that she had almost didn't notice that the court had closed the case. With Andrew being found guilty it would make Tall's trial will be some much easier to go threw and he has a fighting chance of winning.

Tall and Claire's mother greeted her at the gate. "You did it babygirl. Now let's go get something to eat to celebrate.