Chapter 7

"Alright everyone's here. Let's talk about the strategy. Prince Alexander if you would kindly present us your strategy." said Atem.

"Hai. For th-" before Alex could finish he was interrupted by one of the generals.

"Wait a moment! Why is an outsider planning our plan of attack?! Shouldn't it be one of us?!" said the white-haired general by the name of Seti.

"No. Now be quiet!" said Atem as he glared at the general.

The man clicked his tongue in annoyance. 

"Now pay attention. To win this war, you must be fast like a wind, quite like the forest, intense like fire and still like the mountain. Our enemy is a man craving for greed, and like others, he will be arrogant and prideful. As a result, he will consider everyone weak and below him. Therefore when you are confronting his army, appear weak because this will make them underestimate our forces and fall into our trap like a lamb to the slaughter. As for the plan of attack, it's simple. However, I need a few things with the permission of the Pharaoh." said Alex.

Atem raised an eyebrow."What do you need?"

"First of all, I will have to be the one in command for this to work."

"Absolutely not!" said a random general named Ifrit.

"Quite!" said Atem.

"S-Sorry Pharaoh."

"Please continue Prince." said Atem.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, I will need full command of the army. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes. Now proceed with the explanation." 

"Hai. A small group of soldiers will go to the battlefield accompanying the commander. I will need a few soldiers to set up traps around the kingdom. Also, I need some people to quickly dig a hole deep enough for it to look like a lake around the Kingdom. However, instead of water, there will be gasoline. One line of archers will be on the walls with fire coated arrows aiming for the 'river'. When the soldiers seem to be passing by the 'river' the archers will release their arrows causing a wide wall of fire engulfing their way. I need three battalions. One covering the left, one covering the right and one behind the army of the enemy ready for attack. That's all. Quite simple no?"

"And where will you be huh? Hiding behind the walls like a coward?" said Ifrit.

"No. I will be on the battlefield along with the soldiers taking command."

"WHAT?!" the generals shouted.

Alex narrowed his eyes at them. "Is there a problem?" 

"N-No."

"Alright, the meeting's adjourned."

"Hai!" 

When everyone except Leo, Alex were left, Atem looked at them with narrowed eyes. "Alex, what's the real plan?"

Alex smirked. "You noticed did you?"

"Hai."

"Fufufu ~ that's easy. I will take my own army and attack the enemy at midnight tonight."

"Why?"

"Let's just say that some of your generals are not who they say they are."

"Hmm...So what's the plan?"

"Sorry, but for it to work, no one must know. Including you. Don't worry it won't harm the kingdom you have my word."

Atem hesitantly nodded. "Hai."