Chapter 2: Take Ten

"You can't control everything. Sometimes all you need is to relax and have faith that things will work out. As a human, we need to let to learn to go in life even in every manner, no matter what happened."

The smell of cotton candy had filled up her nose. Cotton candy had always been her favourite since she was young. The soft feeling of cotton candy melting in her mouth including the smell of it always calm her mind. Her eyes gazed around the busy mall. There were kids running around holding sweets in their palms. The sight of it made her calm. Slowly, she arranged her steps towards the stall getting a ball of cotton candy for herself. It was her bliss and it always will. 

Now, in this condition, all she needed is just – bliss. Nothing else. After getting herself a medium size cotton candy, she walked through the mall enjoying the sight of her surroundings. The mall was filled with people of different ages. Some were alone while some were with family and friends. In such a busy place, she was pretty sure that she would be safe. If anything were to happen, there would be security guards around her where she would be able to ask assistance for.

The image of the man across the streets holding the saw had never left her mind. As she walked past a shop selling toys, a thought struck her mind. Well, the man couldn't be real, could he? Or else he would have received glances from people across the streets. The man had stood out because of his costume. People would notice him. Maybe, he is doing cosplay for a gore theme or even trying to scare the kids along the streets. 

Addie tried her best to put positive thoughts about the man. She knew that she had been going through two rough weeks, but that doesn't mean that she would allow fear to control her mind. Whatever possibilities it is, she is putting a full stop to it to enjoy this wonderful shopping she is about to have today.

She stopped by a few of her favourite shops to get a new pair of dress for work. As she walked past the third shelf, she felt someone staring at her. She could even feel a soft breath on her neck. Her hands brushed across the green dress which she had been looking through calmly. Ignoring her instincts that there was someone behind, she continued browsing through the dresses. She wasn't alone in the shop so there couldn't be anyone dangerous. Perhaps there would be some salesman or saleswoman waiting for her to pick her dress. 

Picking the green dress, she turned around only to come face to face with the image of a man holding a saw on his left arm in the opposite shop. Her spine began to shiver. Her hair stood. Her eyes fixated at the sight of it. Spinning her heels three hundred and sixty degrees; she walked towards the counter to pay for the dress she had gotten. She pretended she did not see anything. 

No. Nothing is stopping her. 

She will enjoy this shopping and then figure out who was it so that she could end this soon. As she walked out of the shop, she looked up towards the opposite shop and saw nothing. A soft sigh escaped her lips but she knew that he really existed because she was still clear that it was not the trick of the light. It can never be.

Holding the bag of her dress, she took a lift up towards the grocery department. In the lift, she was alone. It didn't scare her; well at least being alone had been her specialty. She had been staying alone since her brother had decided to join the army force. S

he had been very satisfied with the choice of her dress. She loved it and it had been her favourite now. While she was deep into her own thoughts, she received a phone call. There was a number shown but she didn't know who it was. Hoping it was someone sane, she picked up her phone.

"Hello," she said shortly.

"May I speak to Addison Lore, please?" The man's voice asked.

"Yes. Who is this?" she asked bravely.

"I saw you while you were picking a dress. Do you remember me? I am Simon." The voice spoke.

Addison's eyes lit up as her smile widen stepping out of the lift.

"Yes. Simon. It's so nice to meet you again," she beamed happily.

"Do you have some time? Perhaps we could catch up on each other at the food court?" Simon asked.

"Sure sure. I will be there in a moment."

"Great. See you soon."

Now, this day had gone better for her. After so many years, she had not expected to meet her best friend, Simon who had been in the same school as her since she was in primary school. This trip to the mall had eased her mind more than she could ever think of. Wasting no more time, she turned her direction to the food court. Upon reaching there, she noticed Simon in his red shirt and long grey pants sitting at the corner looking out at the window. A smile formed on her lips as she walked towards there happily greeting him. 

Simon had always been the cheerful man she had seen. He always had a wide smile plastered on his face. There were so many things that both of them were caught upon. Apparently, Simon had gotten married last year and is now expecting his first child. She had ordered her favourite cup of coffee, sipping it as she enjoyed the aroma in her mouth and also the smell floating in her nostrils. 

Catching up with one of her best friends had been the best thing happened after so long. They shared so many things about work, personal life and even about their favourite books. Simon had walked Addison up towards the bookstore to get a book which he wanted to recommend her so she did. They spent a long five hours at the bookstore which Addie personally had enjoyed.

While at the corner of the bookstore, Addie had been told shocking news by Simon. She had not expected to hear that but she remained calm listening every single bit of his story. She had experienced worst so; something told by Simon would not just simply fear her soul and heart which had been hardened all those long fourteen days. She had been through something worst so listening from Simon would not do much damage to her heart. 

After having dinner together with Simon, Addie had picked up some of Andrew's favourite bread so that her brother would not be hungry. Her mind was running through those words Simon had told her. It didn't fear her but it made her think. 

Starting her car, she drove safely towards her home. Her eyes gazed around the beautiful night sky. Well, she was expecting some noise tonight from her compound when she sleeps again tonight. Her mind and soul were filled with nothing but pure tiredness. So, she was determined that no matter what happened tonight, she would be going to sleep and have a wonderful night rest. 

She had work tomorrow and she couldn't just turn in tired and sleepy. She needed sleep and she will have the sleep she wants. Sleep and rest are what she desires now. After a long relaxing day, she was determined that she wanted to sleep and rest. She needed it; more than anything else.

"You cannot see the future even though you have faith in what would happen today. All you can do is to have precaution and lead the life the way you wanted. Positive thoughts are the best to keep you away from being over-worried about matters you can't control. Have faith for the best but always prepare for the worst."