Chapter 32: Red Paint

“Riley, can you hold my wrench, it's pretty heavy,” Luc asked as he opened the hood of his car. We've been outside for the last five minutes assessing his car. Apparently in his screwed up mind, there was something wrong with his car. I, on the other hand, think the complete opposite. There was nothing wrong with the car.

“Do you have my wrench he asked?”

“Yes, I have your wrench,” I sighed, “how long are we going to be out here working in this? I have actual work to do.”

“Are you keeping it safe?” he asked as he bent down and looked at the engine. “I take pride in my wrench Riley. I need you to keep it nice and warm.”

“What? It's a wrench.”

“Every wrench need a little love and warmth. If not then it will be cold and who wants a cold wrench?”

“Again, it's just a wrench,” I scowled.

“It's not just a wrench Riley. It's my wrench. I need to know that you will handle it with care in the future.”

“Why do you always have to be so cryptic?” I asked shaking my head.

“I just want to know that you will handle my wrench like it needs to be handled. Sometimes you might have to jerk it a little, other times you might he have to clean it, just saying.”

“It's a stupid wrench!” I shouted.

“So that's how you feel,” he turned to me and quirked an eyebrow. “I think after you see my wrench you'll have different thoughts.”

“I'm already looking at it,” I held the wrench up for emphasis. “See.”

“Oh...you thought I was talking about that wrench,” he smirked then turned around and went back to looking at the car.

I didn't have time for one of his weird conversations, “There's nothing wrong with the car,” I replied.

“Riley, I actually have a car unlike you. There is something wrong with it. I think I know what I'm doing,” he said sarcastically.

“Oh really?” I crossed my arms glaring at him. He knew that hit hard. He knew how much I wanted my baby. We'd talked countless times about it and he decides to blaspheme it. Hell no! “Then fix it!”

“It's already done,” he said wiping some motor oil off of his hand with a rag before closing the hood. “That's right Riley, you're man is versatile. Now come stand by my side and look at it longingly with me.”

“Okay...I am so not going to do that. I'm going to go into the house and eat some of your ice cream instead.”

Once I was at the top step, he shouted, “The the chocolate one!”

“Okay,” I lied. I'm going to make sure there is no chocolate left. He deserved this. I opened his refrigerator and it looked completely bare except five bottles of water and three large tubs of ice cream. How in the world they have been eating, I don't know. “Luc!” I shouted as he walked through the door.

“What?”

“Where's your food?” I held up a tub of chocolate ice cream. “This and water is the only thing in there.”

He shrugged, “Jace ate all of the captain crunch. He won't stop eating them all up. That why I keep hiding it and he annoys me so I also have to use it as leverage.”

“When was the last time you ate real food?”

“Three weeks ago...I think,” he smirked. “Let's pop open that ice cream. I'm looking forward to something sweet. I love chocolate, but I think I'm starting to love vanilla even more.”