Chapter 14: Shambles(edited )

Sorry this is more of a filler.

*******************************************************************

We were all on our way to Lacey’s house when she threw up in the backseat. I grimaced. This would do it. This will cause me to lose my job. Thanks a lot Lacey. I was mentally strangling her.

“Ewe, it’s on my shoe!” Jasmine shrieked.

“Okay someone needs to get her in the house,” Luc looked back at Lacey.

Everyone turn to look at me, "What?" I shrugged. "Why does it have to be me? I've been in enough trouble. I don't want to be the one that has to explain what happened to her parents."

"You're the one who hosted the party," Jasmine said.

"Which is why you should take her in the house," I replied.

"No, I can't," Jasmine said.

"I would do it but I think I would cause more trouble. A guy bringing home their drunk daughter doesn't look so good. Isn't that right Riley?"

"Why me?" I groaned. "Can't I leave her on the doorstep and ring the doorbell?"

"No, you have to take her in," Luc stressed.

"Why, because she'd get raped?"

"No, I'd be more afraid that you'd get raped. What if no one is home? It's past midnight. Do her parents work late?"

"No, it’s just her mom and she’s probably contemplating what day to send her off to an all girls' school," Jasmine snorted. “She’s at her third strike.”

"Guys, I'm fine," Lacey coughed. "I can go right in and she'll never know. My mom thinks I'm spending the night with you. I'll just tell them that it didn't work out," she hiccupped.

"Ugh! I'll take her," I said totally ignoring her last comment. "Come on Lacey."

"But I want to party!" she cried. "I'm not ready to go home yet. Where is that guy I was kissing before? I bet he wouldn't mine partying with me. You guys are so lame. Gosh, can I have some fun. It's hard being around you guys when you don't want to do anything with but scarf your faces in ice cream and old movies."

"You need to rest and work off the buzz," I got out of the passenger seat. "Get out," I said once I opened the backseat door and pulled her arms.

"No..." she whined. Then I yanked her harder and she fell out the car on her knees.

"Ouch!" she giggled. "That hurt."

Once Lacey was done giggling and I could get her to the front door, she shoved her key in the lock. The house was semi-dark but Lacey started making noise as she stumbled inside. I held her up until we got to her living room. She burped in my face then plopped on her couch. I pulled off her heels and her jacket and left her sitting on the couch. I thought it was better than leaving her to fallout on the doorstep. At least I made sure she was in the house.

I closed the door behind me as I left. It was getting to be a long night. I check my phone and saw several messages that my parents left me. I was supposed to be home by nine. They've probably called the police by now. I had to hurry and get home.

"Okay, we need to get Jasmine home quick. I was supposed to be home by nine. My parents are going to kill me," I said as I got into the car.

*

*

Once we dropped off Jasmine, Luc high-tailed it back to his house. I bolted from the car and started running down the street. "Hey, be at work on time tomorrow!" Luc shouted. I waved back and kept going.

I was home in five minutes. I slowly slipped my key in the lock and waited for the click. The house seemed fairly dark. I felt my way to the steps. Once I reached, I felt something else. I grimace and stepped back, "nice to see you home Riley," dad said as he turned on the light.

"I got caught up dad," I sighed, "I was working and I just lost track of time. I put my phone on silent so I just saw it a few minutes ago." 

"Do you think this is acceptable!" dad shouted. "We didn't know where you were or if something had happened to you. We called the cops Riley!"

"I'm sorry dad."

"Obviously grounding you don’t work since you think you're an adult anyway. What has been going on with you? You stay out late, have strange boys shouting your name in the middle of the night, and you don't bother to call home to let us know you're okay."

"Keep your voices down," mom whispered as she came downstairs. "Some people are still sleeping."

"Sorry mom," I looked up at her and she frowned.

"Sorry mom?" she cocked her head to the side. "You come home almost four hours late and that’s all you have to say. What happened to picking up your phone Riley? I don't like this. I don't like your job. It's changing you. I thought having a job would give you a taste of being in the real world, but it hasn't. If anything it has made you irresponsible."

"Which is why I wanted you to quit in the first place," dad said.

"No, dad, please!" I begged. "Please don't make me quit."

"No, we're going to allow you to keep your job," mom said.

"Really?" I smiled. 

"We're coming to see where you work," mom replied.

"What?! Why? What about work? You both have to work, don't you?"

"Your father and I both took off work tomorrow. Will that be problem?" she crossed her arms.

"Yes, I just started working. You could cause me to lose my job!" I shouted.

"You will not shout at your mother!" dad replied.

"If you can't see where you work then you will have to quit. It is completely up to you Riley." she said before they both walked upstairs and closed their bedroom door. 

I leaned against the wall, drawing my head back and repeatedly banging it against the wall. This is a disaster. Everything is going down in shambles.

"Riley! Stop banging on the goddamn wall before you wake up your brothers!" mom shouted.