Chapter 9: Alien vs Predator part 3

They get the roping equipment ready. Price leaves two men in base camp to watch with some others. The rest tie themselves to ropes, and they climb down into the hole. Lex leads the way with Price. Naruto is the last one to climb down. So far, they've reached 397 feet. As they all climb down, a couple of men set up lights on each side. Naruto climbs down slowly with Mr. Weyland. Lex is ahead of them, shining her flashlight down below as they climb down. Just then, Naruto hears something. He looks up, and sees that Mr. Weyland's rope is being pulled up rapidly. Then, his clip on the rope snaps off, causing him to fall and slide down the hole. 

Naruto: Mr. Weyland!!!

Max: Man down!

Price: Get him!

Woman: Somebody get him! 

He continues sliding, and hitting people as they try to grab him. Lex looks up, and as he's about to pass her, she aims her ice-ax on his hooded, stopping him from sliding pass her. He pants heavily as he looks up. She looks at him, and sighs in relief. Gaz climbs down, and helps him up. He clips another rope for him. They all continue climbing down. After 10 minutes of climbing, they reach the bottom of the hole. Lex pops a flare as Naruto walks beside her. They both look around, but all they see is darkness, ice, rocks, and snow. No sign of another team or equipment. The rest of the team come down as the two look around. They see a big jet of darkness ahead of them. The flare dies out. Naruto is about to use his, but then, another one pops beside them. They both jump and look. It's Mr. Weyland. He looks around too.

Weyland: I don't understand it. No equipment. No sign of another team.

Lex: (Sighs) Well, that tunnel didn't dig itself. 

Naruto: Yeah. 

Men are chattering as they carry equipment. 

Max: Move it. Connors, get those lights up. 

Everyone starts setting up the equipment to get some lights on. After 15 minutes of setting everything up, they got everything ready. 

Man: We have power. 

They turn on all the lights, shining at the darkness. Everyone's eyes widen as they see what is in the darkness. There, in the middle of the area...is the pyramid. It is really huge, and it has stairs leading inside of it. Lex cocks her flare gun, and shoots a flare in the air. The flare pops more light to show more of the pyramid. Weyland looks at the pyramid in shock and awe. 

Lex: Congratulations, Mr. Weyland. Looks like you'll be leaving your mark after all. 

The flare dies out as Weyland walks forward, and pats Price and Naruto's shoulders. 

Weyland: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you all for this. (Looks at Max, who nods at him) Let's make history. 

They all walk towards the pyramid. They walk up the steps, and make it to the entrance of the pyramid. Inside, they see weird looking statues of unknown warriors. And there are pictures on the walls of the warriors fighting some kind of creatures. Lex and Naruto look at them, and they both have unusual looks on their faces. Naruto sighs as he looks around. He stays by Lex as they walk together. As he walks, he feels like he stepped on something. He looks down, and sees a part of the floor is going down. His eyes widen. 

Naruto: Uh, oh...

Lex: (Looks at him) What?

Naruto: I think I set off a booby trap...

Lex: What do you mean?

He points down, and she sees it. They both wait for a moment, but nothing happens. Naruto looks around, and sighs in relief. He figures it was nothing. They walk off to catch up to the group. As they do, they come across some pillars with different languages on them. Sebastian looks at them. 

Sebastian: Thomas. 

Thomas: (Walks to him) What is it?

Sebastian removes the web off the pillar to reveal the languages on it. Thomas looks at it.

Thomas: I recognize the Egyptian. 

Sebastian: The second symbol is Aztec. Preconquest era. The third is Cambodian. 

Weyland: Then you were right. The pyramid contains all three cultures. 

Sebastian: That's what it looks like. 

Thomas: (Translate) "You may...choose...to enter." Those who choose may enter." 

Sebastian: (Looks at him) Who taught you to translate? 

Thomas: Funny. Kind of looked like you. 

Lex and Naruto smile at this as they look at them. Price and Gaz shake their heads in amusement. 

Sebastian" Well, it's not "Choose." It's "Chosen." "Only the chosen ones may enter." 

Naruto: Only the chosen ones may enter? Why don't I like the sound of that?

Gaz: None of us do, mate.

Price: Come on, let's keep moving. 

Everyone nods, and moves onward further into the pyramid. Little does everyone know, the switch Naruto stepped on earlier triggered something inside the pyramid. Something more horrible, and very deadly. Pretty soon, they'll all be in the shock of their lives, and preparing to go for survival.