Chapter 14: Alien Vs. Predator part 8

Everyone continues running through the hall, and then, they come to a doorway. But then, Sebastian's watch starts beeping. 

Sebastian: Wait. 

Everyone stops as it continues beeping. Everyone looks at it, and then, the doorway starts closing up. Everyone looks down, and looks ahead. 

Sebastian: This way. 

Everyone runs for the other doorway ahead. They all climb up on it and crawl to the other side as fast as they can. Lex makes it first, then Price, the soldier, Gaz, Naruto, and finally, Sebastian. But as he's about to let go, something comes at it. He drops down before it could get him. He lands on the ground as the doorway closes. He groans as he lays down. Everyone runs to him to check on him. He rubs the back of his head, and everyone looks at what came through the doorway. It's a spiked disk. It stabbed through the pillar. Naruto walks to it, and takes it out. He looks at it. Just then, Naruto hears some noises from the other side of the door. He looks around, and sees small opening to shows the other side. He walks to it, and peeks through it. Lex joins him. They both see the warrior taking off his mask. 

Lex: Look over here. 

Naruto: Come over here. 

The rest of the others join them as they watch the warrior. He kneels down, and breaks off a little leg from a dead split spider creature they found in the chamber. And behind the warrior is a dead serpent. The warrior then marks his mask with the blood from the leg. Then, it marks on himself on his forehead. He growls as he feels the steam from the blood. Everyone watches him.

Gaz: What the heck is he doing?

Sebastian: He's marking himself.

Lex: What?

Price: What do you mean? 

Sebastian: Ancient warriors would mark themselves with the blood of their kill. It's a rite of passage. This is starting to make sense. 

Sebastian walks away, and everyone follows him. He shines his flashlight on the ancient words on the walls and floor. 

Sebastian: The hieroglyphs are a little difficult to make out, but the story's all here. 

Everyone listens to him as he tells them the story about the warriors and the creatures.

Sebastian: Thousands of years ago, these hunters found a backwater planet. They taught humans how to build and were worshipped as gods. Every hundred year, the gods would return. And when they did, they would expect a sacrifice. Humans were used to breed the ultimate prey. The hunters would battle with these great serpents...to prove themselves worthy to carry the mark. But if the hunters lost, they made sure nothing survived. An entire civilization wiped out overnight. 

Lex: So, the humanoids, the hunters, they brought those creatures here to hunt? 

Sebastian: And they use us like cattle. 

Naruto: Oh, gosh. Pops, we're hosts for them to breed in. And remember the heat bloom? It was designed to lure us down here. This whole thing was a trap. They wanted us to find the pyramid, so they can use us. They're using all of us as bait. 

Sebastian: Without us, there could be no hunt. 

Everyone looks at them, and at each other. They all stand up, and look at the closed doorway. 

Sebastian: When that door opens, we're dead. 

Lex: Not if we set things right. 

Gaz: What do you mean?

Naruto: Pops, Gaz, when we walked through the pyramid, I noticed a lot of things from it. This whole pyramid, it's like a prison. We took the guards' guns, and now the prisoners are running free around. And to restore order in the prison, the guards need their guns. 

Lex: Exactly. When that door opens, we're gonna give that thing his gun back. 

Sebastian: (Looks at them in disbelief) Are you both crazy? During a big game hunt, the animals being hunted don't arm the hunters. 

Lex: They're not hunting us. We're in the middle of a war. 

Naruto: She's right. From your story, the hunters have been fighting these things for a long time. It's a war. It's time to pick a side.

Sebastian: We are on our side. 

Lex: (Looks at him) We have to consider the possibility we might not make it out of here. But we have to make sure those serpents don't reach the surface. 

Price: Oh, bloody heck. She's right. Because if they do, everyone and everything everywhere could die. 

Gaz: But the cold air outside and the icy cold water might kill these things. 

Naruto: And what if it doesn't? They might know how to swim. And they'll swim to the mainland. And soon, they'll be all over earth in a matter of months. 

Sebastian: The enemy of my enemy...is my friend. 

Everyone looks at each other, and at the door. Then, Sebastian's watch beeps again. They all look at the door, and stand back, waiting for it to open. Just then, another secret passageway opens up behind them. They all turn around, and see it. They all look at each other. 

Lex and Naruto: Let's go find our friend. 

Here's the 14th chapter of Naruto: Soldier of earth and time. Two chapters of this done in one night. Awesome, huh? I'm really glad that I'm getting back to this story again. Let me know what you all think of this chapter. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.