6

Despite wanting to join Alaric and Caroline on the hunt for the twins the parents insisted on sending him to the safe house with Enzo and Bonnie

"God I thought we'd never get to do this again."
Enzo sighed pressing his lips to the Salvatore's.
"I'm guessing you want this back."
Bonnie smiled tossing the ring to Enzo.
The English man chuckled slipping the ring back onto Roman's finger.
Roman grinned, picking up his phone as it buzzed.
"Damon-"
Roman groaned out in pain as did Enzo.
The Salvatore pushed himself off the couch trying to block out the siren song blaring from the phone.
Roman could see Bonnie yelling something but he couldn't hear.
"T-Too loud."
Roman grunted out covering his ears.
However the song continued to occupy his thoughts as it did his fiancé's.

"I need help."
Bonnie shouted as she pulled the two vampires into the Armory, the Salvatore drastically more affected.
"It was Sybil. She sang. She-she's wormed her way back into our heads. God, the pain is moving, and it feels like I'm being cut open."
Enzo groaned as Roman continued to moan in pain, the song blaring as everyone else's voices became background noises.
"Can you see her? Can you talk to her?"
"No."
Enzo grunted as a small scream fell past Roman's lips.
"Sybil told me she was able to manipulate Damon by invading his subconscious. If you can't see or feel her, she must be in yours."
Stefan warmed them.
"Funny. Because consciously and subconsciously, I want to rip her bloody head off!"
Enzo exclaimed.
"M-Make it stop."
Roman gritted out between clenched teeth.
"You can get inside their heads. Right? Like you've done with mine?"
Bonnie asked hopefully.
"I don't know, I've never gone deeper than the surface."
Stefan sighed nervously.
"Congrats, mate. You're about to have a tour of some very dark places."

Roman and Enzo were screaming, Sybil invading a memory they shared.
They were back at Augustine, only instead of
Dr. Whitmore it was Sybil cutting them open.
"I gotta say, you both really have guts."
Sybil giggled walking over to Roman, his chest clamped open as she poured vervain straight into the wound.
"Why are you doing this?"
Enzo shouted over Roman's screams.
"It's simple. I'm punishing you. Nobody escapes me. Not ever. Bend you both to my will with one hand, while I eat greasy diner food with the other."
Sybil grinned.
"We won't go back to being your lackeys."
Enzo hissed.
"Fine by me. I'm not here to win either of you back. I'm just here for the screams."
Sybil chuckled sticking a scalpel into Enzo's eye as she poured vervain into Roman's.

Roman pulled out of the memory as a loud scream fell past his lips.
"P-Please make it stop."
Roman begged his twin, Stefan looking at him with sad eyes.

Roman didn't know how long he'd been on the ground screaming in pain.
Between throwing up blood, and feeling his skin burning he'd lost track.
But what the boy did notice is that he was slowly desiccating alongside Enzo.

However suddenly Roman's anguish stopped, the boy falling onto his back with a sigh of relief.
In that moment Roman was content, no longer having the searing pain occupying every thought.

But the youngest Salvatore was unaware of the price his brothers had to pay.