Chapter 5

Louis' POV

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty. I should've just lied about Liam running away. Niall didn't deserve to get hurt like that. And Zayn...trust me, it was either me going gently on him, or Dave who would beat him senseless. It's completely understandable as to why they hate me, but I have to keep up the jerk facade for my dad. If he ever found out that I gave them extra food and water or that I'm nice to them...let's just say I wouldn't live to see another day.

You're probably wondering why I stay here and not live with my mum, right? Well my dad was never like this before, he'd never kidnapped anyone, as far as I know that is. He kept his work a secret, to protect me or something. But shortly after my 19th birthday, he brought Harry, Liam, Zayn and Niall. I didn't know what he was doing, and I still don't know the reason. He told me not to tell another soul about this, or he'd kill me. I'm serious, those were his words to his own words. I cannot leave until this is over, I think you can guess what he said he would do to me if I did.

"LOUIS! YOUR MOTHER WILL BE HERE IN 5 MINUTES!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I scanned my eyes over my outfit one more time. I was wearing my typical red chinos, white and blue stripped top with suspenders and TOMs. I didn't bother tousling my hair, I just left it flat. Mum always prefered it that way. I took a deep breath before walking out my room and downstairs. I heard chattering from the lounge and walked in there to find mum talking to my dad about how evil his job was. Mum was the only other one in the family to know.

"Mum!" I smiled as she stood up. I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around he small waist as she wrapped her around my shoulders. She was wearing the perfume I bought her for Christmas which was Channel. I buried my head in the crook of her neck and tightened my grip. My mum means the world to me and I miss her like crazy. I heard chuckle as her grip loosened.

"You can let go now, Boobear." She said softly. I pulled back and playfully glared at her. She knows I hate that nickname yet she insists on using it. "Don't give me that look. You are my Boobear and forever shall be." She winked. I mumble incoherent words under my breath as I went to make her a coffee. Just as I put the kettle on, I heard foot steps coming into the kitchen. It was Dave, one of the tougher, more scarier workers.

"It's 10. They need food and water." He told me bluntly before leaving. Could've been a bit nicer? I sighed before popping in 4 slices of bread in the toaster. I grabbed 4 plates and placed them on a tray along with butter, jam, nutella and 3 knives. I filled up 4 glasses with water, placing them on a tray as I put the freshly toasted bread on the plates. Due to me guilty conscience, I popped another 4 slices of toast in the toaster and placed them on the plates when they were done. I walked to the hallway and down the stairs to the basement.

"Breakfast is here." I smiled kindly as I walked in. Liam and Niall were cuddling on their bed, giggling at something before looking at me with a blank expression. Harry and Zayn had stopped kissing the second I walked in. I received glares off Harry and Liam but I ignored them. "You each have 2 slices of toast. You can either have strawberry jam, butter or nutella. There's a knife for each spread and there's fresh water. I'll be down in half an hour to collect everything." I said quietly before leaving. I don't think I've ever felt more guilty in my life. Even when my father kidnapped them, I didn't feel this guilty.

I walked back into the kitchen to make the tea. Pouring the water into the mugs, I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around to see my mum standing in the doorway.

"Hey, mum." I smiled, stirring the tea, adding in sugar and milk in selected ones.

"Where are they?" She asked. I froze what I was doing and turned to look at her. Never once has she been interested in them. I gave her a look which said 'what the hell' and she just sighed. "I'm a nurse, I want to make sure they're healthy." She explained. I nodded, giving her a mug of tea. After giving my dad his tea, I told her to follow me as we went down to the basement. Opening the door, I followed her in.