Chapter 14.

Louis POV.

It was dark when I woke up later that day. I must've passed out some time. I sighed quietly, knowing that the other lads were probably asleep. I covered my eyes with my arm, blocking out everything. Every inch of my body ached, and it didn't make it better with the t-shirts wrapped around my wounds. It felt like everything was pulsing due to the pain. 

It was just like before...the beating. I mean, what kind of father beats there own son? Well, my dad, the dick obviously did. I uncovered my eyes and lifted up my now slightly damp t-shirt. The lads never bothered to cover this cut but now it was painful as fuck. I put down my top and looked over at the four boys. Harry and Zayn were lying next to each other at the drawers, since I had taken their bed. Liam and Niall were curled up on their own bed, as cute as always. I still don't regret my decision to take them out to Nandos, they needed their happiness. I knew what I was too expect anyway, but I still took them out. 

I just felt guilty. With Niall's leg and Liam getting raped and everything...I would've done the same with Zayn and Harry but I wasn't sure if they trusted me as much as Liam and Niall did. Which was reasonable after what I did to Zayn. The only thing is I didn't know how to gain their trust when I was in this state. My eyes wandered to the couple lying on the floor. Their heads were rested against the drawers. Well, Zayn's was. Harry's head was lying on Zayn chest, Zayn laying a protective arm around Harry's shoulders as their legs locked together. They must be cold, not a blanket over or anything. I should've offered them the one underneath me if I thought I wasn't going to pass out.

"Harry?" I croaked to the younger boy. He didn't even stir, his mouth pressed in a thin line as he frowned in his sleep. "Harry?" I said a louder whisper. The curly-haired boy rubbed his eyes sleepily and locked eyes with me. "Are you all right?" he asked quietly and I couldn't help smiling a little at his concern, despite the state he was in. "I can't sleep." I replied in the same hushed tone. Harry sighed deeply and gently let go of Zayn, crawling up to me. He pulled the blanket beneath me on the bed apart and pulled it over us. 

He then brought his arm over my shoulder, pulling me close. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, but then realized it was probably the best he could do to comfort me so I tried to relax. "Can I have my phone back?" I questioned, the thought suddenly dawning on me that he still has it. He gave a low chuckle and slipped my phone out frrom his back pocket, handing it too me. "Cute girlfriend by the way." he commented, referring to the girl on my screen saver. I grinned. "Yeah, she's beautiful." I agreed and he smirked. "Why did you pick me to wake up? Instead of the others?" he asked curiously and even in the dark, I could see he was frowning. 

"Well, Niall can't even walk, Liam just got raped, and Zayn...Zayn pretty much hates me." I said bluntly and to my surprise, he chuckled. "He doesn't hate you, he just...he's just very protective of me." he whispered. I blinked. "He's protective? I thought he was mad at me for what I did to him?" I asked, confused. "He got over that, he just doesn't like it for what the people here do to me. He's afraid that you'll do the same to me for what you did to him. Like I said, he's really protective." he added with a shrug. So Zayn didn't hate me? He just thought I'd do the same to Harry? "Well, he doesn't need to worry about me. I won't hurt you." I assured him and he smiled. "I keep telling him that, but I think he needs to hear it from you and not me." he sighed, pulling me a tad closer. 

Looks like I'll have to have a word with Zayn, I thought smugly in my head. I tried to change the subject. "I don't know how you can cope with it. The beatings...it's horrible." I gasped sympathetically, pulling the blanket tighter. "We're pretty much used to it by now." Harry said, showing no emotions. My hands trailed over his strong arms and reached down to his large hands, enter-wining his fingers with mine before I grazed over his slightly bruised and red knuckles. "How did you get this?" I asked softly, frowning at the sore-looking marks.

"It was when I was cleaning with Niall one time. I was trying to defend him, but the guy ended up hitting me instead." Harry answered. My eyes moved over to Niall, who was now lying on his back with one arm curled around Liam. "It's cute how you all protective him the most." I complimented and Harry gave another chuckle. "It's because he's most vulnerable out of us all. It's good that Jay got here in time to fix his leg." he added with a weak smile toward me. At the mention of my mum, I flinched. She'd go AWOL when she'd see what happened to me, I was sure of it. 

When the daylight started to show through the high window, I sat up. "I really shouldn't have kept you awake. You need your sleep." I said, biting my lip. "Don't worry about it." Harry yawned, stretching. Suddenly, Zayn started mumbling in his sleep and I looked over at the body lying on the floor. Zayn was unconsciously feeling around for Harry's warmth but when he realized he wasn't there, he woke up from his slumber. "Harry?" he said groggily. Harry sat up. "Hey, beautiful." he grinned and Zayn looked up at Harry, peering at me behind him. As soon as he saw me, his expression darkened. "I'm gonna use the bathroom before Mark wakes up." he announced and headed out the room, which Mark had forgotten to lock last night, in case I needed out. I really needed to talk to him, didn't I?

_____________

I know it's short, but I wanted to make up for the long delay! written by Lisa x