Acknowledgement & Things

Hullo there, so I figured I'd get all this out of the way before the first chapter since no one really reads these things, but I do think they're important...

This is my first attempt at a fanfiction, and it all stemmed from an idea I had become obsessed with as well as a dare I took up a year ago. I wanted to write a fanfiction, but at the same time give it my own original twist. I am well aware that this is a well worn and well beloved world, with so many alternative universes circulating the net, but I hope to give a different and personal take on it.

Given the nature of this plot, there are many literary characters and concepts that will make their appearance into the story. Part of C.S. Lewis' Narnia will come into play. Lewis Caroll's and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will also play its part. The concepts obviously belong to them. I could not imagine myself to take any credit for their brilliance. What's more, all Harry Potter components belong to Queen JK Rowling, and the concept of switching between dreams and reality, and not knowing the difference belongs to Ted Dekker, from The Circle Series which I absolutely love.

I've used the Harry Potter books, as well as other conspiracy theories to write this, but not everything rigidly follows JK Rowling's world...

After all, I am trying a different approach. I hope she'll eventually see this and give an approving nod.

Also, I found the cover on flickr's creative commons. It is not mine, nor is it me.

Lastly, I never expected The Dreamer's Curse to become this well received on Wattpad, and I am obviously very grateful that it has become somewhat popular. (I don't really know what constitutes as popular but I'll assume it is because the reads are in red and I suppose that's a good thing!)

All the positive feedback has since allowed me to be a little gutsy, so as of the fifteenth of October, I've entered The Dreamer's Curse in the Watty Awards, so hopefully all this storytelling will be worthy of such an honour.

Thank you to all those who have read and supported my work from the very beginning.

As well as to all of you who have real magic in your hearts.