Chapter Seventeen

Robin POV

What have I done. No, seriously. What. Have. I. Done.

I was lying in bed and looked over at Josh's red hair just visible from the covers he'd pulled up around his neck. He'd asked me to go get drinks with him after work last night and it seemed like a good idea, he was crazy hot and seemed like a nice guy so what did I have to lose? The answer? My sanity.

I  obviously hadn't planned on getting so drunk and in my defence he shouldn't have taken advantage!

I didn't know whether I felt worse about my slutty antics or how Barney would feel when he found out. If he found out. Which he wouldn't. Technically Barney and I weren't together so I could do what I wanted, but hell I liked him, I wanted things to work out somehow when all the bull was over and done with. He made me feel safe and on-edge all at the same time and I didn't know why I did this!

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sat up, cursing the constant ache in my head. It seemed to be chanting 'Slut, slut, slut.' over and over again. I mean we all can have our moments to be a little crazy and that's perfectly fine but not when you're kinda seeing someone, that's just stupid and ruins your chances. Plus it was Barney, how could I be so insane.

'Dammit, Robin.' I breathed as I slowly eased myself out of the bed and got dressed. It was just nine am so Katie and Kyle would still be sound asleep for another few hours. At least.

Wow I hated myself right now.

I was sitting in the kitchen eating my cereal pondering what to do about the lost boy in my bed. I'd never been the notch-on-your-bedpost kind of girl, so I didn't really know the procedure of how to get him the hell outta here as fast as possible, if it were different circumstances I'd be calling Barney to get his opinion on this.

Should I just wake him up and subtly hint that he should leave? Seemed like the most sane thing to do afterall. I'd just wake him up and tell him I had to be somewhere soon and would probably be busy for the rest of the day and probably the rest of the week. I'd also have to tell him my cell was broken. And never, ever work on a Tuesday night again. Sounds good.

I threw my bowl into the sink and made my way back to my room. I creepily stared over him from the side of the bed for a few seconds, hesitating about how I should go about this and what exactly I was going to say to him when he woke up.

Just as I was about to shake him awake, there was a knock at the door. Man, it was early, who could that be?

I ran out and quietly shut the bedroom door as I jogged lightly over to the front door, I opened it to come face-to-face with the man himself. Barney gave me a small smile and it kinda ripped my heart apart. Stupid, stupid girl.

'Barney, ah, wha- What's up?'

I casually closed the space in the door so that he wouldn't be able to see into the apartment.

'Cute pajamas, ' I looked down at myself and he smirked, 'Can I come in? I feel like we should talk.'

'Ah, I have a lot to do today, Barn. Let's talk right here?' I fake smiled and he gave me a look but chuckled and went on anyway.

'Well, ah you know I'm not so good with the words and stuff, but I wanted to talk about ya know, us-'

'What do you mean, us?' 

'I just mean, hell Robin it's hard for me to talk about this out in the hallway, ' He laughed but I couldn't bring myself to join him.'Can't we go inside and talk for a few minutes?'

'Jeez, Barney I don't know if that's a super-duper idea right now. See, Katie's been having bad morning sickness latel-'

'Robin? You here, baby?' I was cut short by the sound of Josh from inside the apartment.