unknown

I'm going to try to keep to just using you)

You are out cold. A dream popped into mind. A distorted memory, you leaving the house before it explodes, black goo shooting and pointing out of it, drowning you. You woke up before you died within the nightmare.

You found yourself within a hospital, good, just the right place to be, except for the part that you wouldn't have enough money to pay the bills. Sighing you looked around. Only to see a male asleep at a table, coffee in hand. He seemed peaceful within his slumber, so you allowed him to sleep. Allowed him to be peaceful.

You looked to your side, where the fatal blow was dealt. Thankfully you were just overthinking it, this wound wouldn't have kill you, but the drunken man sure would have if you weren't saved by whatever saved you.  You looked back to the man, confused of who he was, didn't look familiar, well, as far as you could tell. Maybe he did, though you couldn't see his face due to the position he was in.

You awaited his wake, which soon came. He slowly opened his eyes and stirred lightly within his sleep. Groaning softly as he stretched, only to notice you watching him with a face full of questions. He stare back at you now. Thinking of what to say to you. You did recognize him, you knew him, your childhood friend.

Edward Charles Allan Brock.

You may have wanted to hit him, for when he moved away, but that was childish of you, knowing it wasn't his choice to do so. You looked away, now just noticing the mask was still on your face, he watched you.

"Hello?" He spoke softly, the voice shook you up a bit. He was older, you knew nothing about him. What if he forgot about you. Oh, he probably did, that was all you could think. Then why would he stay here? Wait for you? Fall asleep in the room? It was very late last night, maybe that was the reason. You swore tears were about to explode from your eyes. You began the movements, tenses in your stomach, you were beginning to sob.

He grew worried when you began crying, unsure if he should comfort you or call a nurse over. You dare not look at him. You felt a hand come gently to your back. In a way you felt safe. He reached for your mask, doctors must have left it on for privacy, he undid the strings in the back. You allowed the mask to fall into your hands, hoping he'd recognize you. You prayed he remembers you, your voice, your face.

"Y/N?"

You could have sworn your heart stopped. He remembers you. Instantly you wrapped your arms around him and began crying more. He sighed softly and held you.

"Eddie? Who's this? Can I eat her?"
(Please stop leaving NSFW comments, it makes me very uncomfortable)