Sixteen | Let's Do This Right

It's been two years since I left LA and I have to say I am living the life! I have an amazing penthouse in Manhattan with a view and it is just me and Rahul. I called Cody and decided to let him know that we weren't going to work out anymore and now I am just been happy, I hear about him on the news and see Sophie with him but I am happy for him, I think we were just testing a relationship out in the past but now we certain that we don't need each other. My parents are very happy with my decision to be with Rahul, they also decided to come back into my life which made me feel a bit better and now they now have arranged to get us married but I really don't want to just yet because I feel something is going to happen, something that will sweep me off my feet to a point where I will be sky high and I won't be able to hold a steady marriage and be a good wife, Rahul already proposed to me at Rockefeller Center underneath the Christmas tree and it was romantic I didn't say no but I let him know that we would get married in a couple years so right now he is my fiancé.

I haven't really changed since I was 16 and wasn’t planning to; I have been busy with work but good news! There is going to be a man who is my age flying here from LA to be in my photoshoot for my new fashion line! I don't know who he is but I heard that this guy started his career young and has been famous for a while. I hope that it's Justin Bieber.

 I got to the studio early to prep for this big celebrity to arrive; I got my laptops ready and the camera as well. Everything was ready and so was I, groups of people rushed into the studio and I knew he was here, I put on a smile and walked over to greet them though when I got there the big smile had dropped to a frown. It was him, seeing him brought so many memories, so many fights along with the tears. His face lit up bright though which was odd because his girlfriend just stood beside him; I didn't really speak to him only if I needed to ask him if he wanted a bigger size. Why does this boy keep coming back into my life? While we were on our break Cody came beside me bringing a strong cologne smell which was my favorite, I tried my best to stay away from him but he would always come closer.

"Sam it's been a while."

"Yup it has."

"How are you?"

"I am great! How about you?" 

"Just fine, I went over to your house when I came back from Australia, I had basically keep the door open to find out where you were."

"Huh?"

"Your parents told me you were in New York City but before that they would just slam the door in my face." 

"If you knew where I was why did you come?"

"I couldn't." 

"You had shows in NYC all the time. I was everywhere, you had my number, you didn't bother talking to me for 1 and a half years." 

"Sam! I couldn't! Why don't you get that? I would if I could but there was something that was stopping me. It was more than one thing."

"Then tell me! Why do you always have to keep things a secret from me!?"

"Damn it Sam! Your parents, my family, Sophie and Rahul were what kept me away!" 

"What?" my voice became soft because I was frightened about what Cody was going to say.

"You know what never mind." Cody said looking at my left hand where he probably saw the ring that was elegantly sitting on my ring finger. I couldn't say a word because I was scared, my parents? Rahul?  Something happened that separated the love of my life from me and I am going to find out what it is. We ended our break and went back to work, Cody would always be looking in my direction and I would know because I could feel the burning sting of his eyes on my back, my phone rang and I saw a text message from an unknown number