Chapter 20: Gym Kits

Okay so...here it is! Another one, as promised. I'll keep them coming.

And thanks so much for the support guys, it honestly makes me so happy x

Renesmee

I gripped Jacob's enormous hand probably a lot harder than was strictly necessary as I pulled him through the labyrinth of corridors. Gym was downstairs...right? Crap. I had no idea where I was going.

Luckily, before I could embarrass myself, a cool hand tapped me on the shoulder.

"Nessie," Alice breathed. "You're going the wrong way."

"Oh, um, right," I mumbled, following her and giving up on trying to work out which classes were where. Jake smirked sexily down at me in a way that infuriated me, but also ignited a flame in my stomach that I couldn't put out. Unfair.

How the hell did he manage to do that to me?

Alice flitted between the groups of students, her casual disarray of jet black hair barely visible between the groups of students. Jake and I hurried to keep up.

"Who set the pixie loose?" Jake commented mildly.

I shrugged, looking up at him from beneath my lashes. It was something I had seen women in the films do and...well, it was intriguing.

I tried to make my eyes go wide and mysterious but I'm pretty sure I just looked stupid. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip as I took in his full, lush ones.

His eyes flickered down to the lower half of my face as I did so, his pink tongue darting out the same way mine had.

I bit back a groan and forced myself to turn and keep walking. Before I could take another step Jacob caught my face in his hand, and angled it towards his own. His lips captured mine in a chaste, but perfect kiss.

"Ahem," Rose's voice said suddenly from behind. "Could you spare us the PDA please? Some of us are trying to get to class."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Just because Emmett ditched you..." he began.

"Emmett has Chemistry now," she complained. "Carlisle has really screwed up the timetables this year."

I shrugged, already beginning to lose Alice. If we couldn't follow her to class we'd have to ask someone where it was. Embarrassing.

I practically dragged Jake after her.

The gym changing rooms turned out to look almost exactly like the ones from films, which brightened my mood considerably.

Alice and I parked our stuff in the nearest space and pulled our gym kits out of our bags. I tugged off my green shirt and stashed it in my bag, pulling out the white gym top to replace it with. A girl across from me coughed, catching my eye on purpose.

Her eyes were sharp green in color, and I noticed she was very pretty. Her dark hair fell straight and glossy, and her features were petite, adorned with a mass of cute freckles. She reminded me a little of Alice. That was, until she narrowed her eyes and gave Alice and I a deeply scrutinizing look.

"You're new," she stated. It wasn't a question.

I nodded sheepishly.

She studied me a moment longer. "And all of you are...together? How does that even work?"

I regained my ability to speak, and rattled off the cover story as simply and quickly as I could.

"...so my brother Edward is with Bella. Jacob lost his parents a while back and he doesn't have much family. Carlisle and Esme are his godparents, so he lives with us," I finished.