Part 4

Cyrus' POV

I wake up with TJ's arm around me, lying with my head on his chest. As soon as I realized that, I dart upright.

"Sorry for using you as a pillow," I say, thanking the dim lighting in this room for hopefully disguising the fact that my face is turning red.

"It's okay," he says, smiling.

"Did you see the ending?" I ask.

"Nah, I fell asleep not long after you did."

"Oh, well what happened was—"

"Don't tell me. Save the ending for next time."

"Next time?"

"Yeah, how about next weekend?"

I light up, only to sink down immediately after. "I can't. I'm going to Andi's dad's aunt's lodge."

"That's a mouthful," he jokes. "That's okay. Another time."

"Yeah." I wish it didn't have to be another time. I really want to see him again. I like being near him.

____________________________________

The next morning, I wake up with a text on my phone. As soon as I see who it's from, my heart spirals in my chest. He texted me in the morning? He's never done that before.

TJ: Morning, Underdog. How'd you sleep?

To be honest, I didn't get that much sleep. It took my hours to get my mind to settle down. All I could think about was how TJ had his arm around me, and the way he smelled and how his green eyes sparkled even in the dim light of lamps. I wish I hadn't given him back his jacket. Maybe I could've kept it for just a little bit longer.

Cyrus: Good. How about you?

TJ: Couldn't fall asleep for most of the night, but I did eventually.

Cyrus: Why couldn't you fall asleep?

TJ: Just thinking about things, I guess.

Was he thinking about what I was thinking about? No, he couldn't. There's no way he would think about me like that.

TJ: What are you doing today?

Cyrus: I'm meeting Andi, Buffy and Jonah later at The Spoon. Wanna join?

TJ: I'll be there.

I smile at that, and sit the phone down on my bedside table.

_______________________________________

"Why do you keep checking the door?" Andi asks me.

The door chimes again, and I spin around in my chair to see who it is. Every time it's not TJ, my heart sinks a little.

"TJ said he'd come," I say.

"Maybe he just got busy," Buffy suggests.

I shake my head. "He would've texted me."

The door chimes again, and I look to see another face I don't recognize.

"Dude, you're gonna hurt your neck if you keep turning around," Jonah says teasingly. "I'll tell you when he shows up."

"How was the movie night at his house?" Buffy asks.

"Oh, good," I reply. I'm not sure whether or not I want to tell her much more than that. I kind of want to tell her about how I lay on his chest and his arm was around me and I had butterflies and . . . No, there's no point. It didn't mean anything, anyway. it's not like he could like me. He's so clearly straight. Besides, I don't like him that way. Right?