Chapter 19

"Alexandre."

Captain must be hungry...

Alexandre gave a quiet sigh of breath and bared his neck. The teeth he had been expecting slowly began skimming along his skin, making his body arch slightly in response. The captain had never gone as far as to bed him, so, surprisingly, he was comfortable showing a little appreciation. Besides, he could have easily harmed him or used his body for his own pleasure each time he'd fed, but he never had.

"The captain has made you quite obedient, Alex."

James never spoke that way...

Feeling firm hands skim along his side, Alexandre gently reached up and wrapped his arms around the man's neck, wanting to urge him down to drink so that he could get back to resting.

"Bite, please... very tired."

When he heard a deep chuckle his eyes inwardly rolled, but as soon as the man began to bite down Alexandre's body relaxed, eager to get back to sleep. However, the familiar sensation of being drunk from never came... and when James spoke again, he finally pushed through is sleep-clouded mind and realized that it wasn't his voice.

"You are well trained by that demon."

His eyes snapped open immediately as a breath hitched in his throat.

"W-Wallace?"

Alexandre should have been worried about how he had gotten into the man's bed chambers and why he was naked atop him, but his main thought went directly to something completely different.

"Why do you have me unchained?"

His brow raised as Alexandre began struggling to get away. He needed to get himself tied up! He couldn't be free around humans.

"Calm down, will you? I told you I could handle your vampire."

Alexandre stopped struggling against him but his mind was still panicking, his breath coming in quiet pants.

"Captain, I cannot be free!"

His head tilted slightly, not exactly looking afraid... or even amused, really.

"Are you hungry?"

"...no."

"Are you going to attack me?"

"Of course I am not!"

"Well then..."

Wallace reached between Alexandre's legs and grabbed his thighs, spreading them wide.

W-what... 

"What is it now, Alexandre? May I not enjoy myself with such a beautiful body in my bed this night?"

Alexandre's face burned, making the man leaning over him smile with interest.

"You blush quite easily, love. How many times has that pirate of yours bedded you?"

"...he has done no such thing."

Wallace's eyes widened, then narrowed, a flash of annoyance moving across his face.

"You sound almost defensive of that murderer," he whispered as he moved his right hand toward Alexandre's face. His thumb began to rub along his cheek before his fingers delved back into his tangled hair that was resting atop silken pillows.

"I would never defend such a man." He'd intended to yell his words, but they came out sounding quite meek. 

Wallace's smile widened slightly, then vanished as he spoke.