Chapter 1: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

"EHHH?!" Japan stared back at his reflection in absolute horror. How did he become like this? And just in the morning of the day of an important world conference as well. All of a sudden, Italy burst into the room, his breathing was hitched from exhaustion.

"You're in-a my body!" He yelled, pointing a quivering finger at the shaken nation.
"You too?" Japan choked out, his tone thick with a German accent. They stared at each other for a moment, both wide-eyed and exchanging looks of disbelief.
This isn't Itary-kun, He told himself. Could it have happened to him as werr?
He decided to take his chance on the nation standing opposite to him.

"G-Germany-san? Is zhat you...?" He slowly asked the brunette who looked equally as confused.
"Ja, it's-a me... And I guess that's-a you, Japan?" He asked back.
"Hai, it is." Japan replied, the deep voice he was speaking with was extremely unfamiliar to him, in turn making him uncomfortable. The two of them thought about the situation for a moment, trying to grasp a solution. Then, they came to a sudden realisation.

"ITALY!" They both said in unison. Japan bolted out of the room towards his own, Germany going after him. Whipping open the door, they saw what they had expected.

Japan saw himself sitting in front of his bedroom dresser, looking at his own reflection with a goofy smile fixated on his face, which looked quite abnormal on a face that was normally emotionless.
Italy noticed his friends standing in the doorway and turned his attention towards them. Japan’s usual emotionless stare were now closed eyes, which made the two a bit disturbed.
"Ve~ Oh! Good morning, everyone!" Italy beamed at the two, cheery smile still present. They were completely taken aback now, but Germany persisted.

"Italy?” He addressed the raven-black haired nation from across the room, among all the neatly-arranged anime merchandise and shelves of manga and figurines.

“Ah! Why am I standing over there??” He panicked, looking up and down at the two.
“You pay more attention to your-a body being way over here more-a than the fact that you are in Japan’s-a body?!” Germany raised his high-pitched voice in an angry tone, that sounded more Romano than Italy.

“Italy-kun, can you tell us how ve swapped bodies?” Japan intervened to help them get back on track.
"Ja, how did all-a this happen in the first place?” Germany asked with obvious danger lingering in his Italian accent, as if a whole new person was talking, which was all too true.

Italy pondered this question for a moment, not wanting to lie to his friends, but also not wanting to get in trouble with, well...himself by the looks of it. Germany was losing his patience.
“Well?” Italy was startled, but not unfazed. He began his explanation.

“Werr, you see. It arr happened after our rast meeting…”

~The Previous Day~

Italy was merrily skipping out of the world meeting alongside his allies; Germany and Japan. He suddenly remembered that England passed him a note during the conference to meet up with him afterwards, which he was forced to comply to or he would be threatened to be invaded.

“Oh! Germany, I forgot something back at the meeting!” He lied the best he could, which he didn’t like doing, but he had to if he was going to avoid any rising suspicion.
Germany sighed.

“OK, fine. Come back as soon as you’ve retrieved vhat you need und do not, I repeat, do not make any sort of contact vith zhe enemy, even talking. Do you understand, Italy?” The German lectured the Italian.

“Si, I understand!” He nodded, smiling cheerfully as always, going off towards the conference room as quick as he could.
When he arrived, England spun around in a large leather chair, like those a villain in a James Bond movie would sit in, he was giving off an impression of one as well.

“Ah, Italy. I’ve been expecting you. I thought you were just stalling, but here you are.” The Brit remarked grandly, getting up from his seat and crossed over to where Italy was standing.

Italy was cowering a bit as he prepared himself for whatever request England was going to offer him, he just hoped that it wouldn’t cause him any harm. He didn’t want to disobey Germany’s orders for not making contact with the enemy in any way, but he didn’t want to be invaded by the almighty England even more.

If England was to do anything to Italy, he remembered that he could always retreat or call for help from his friends, but he couldn’t rely fully on them all the time, so he took his chance and spoke up.

“S-So, what was it you wanted?” He shakily asked, frightened as ever. England chuckled.
“What I want, is you to do just one small thing for me.” Italy prepared for the worst.
“I need you to do a bit of shopping for me. You’re up for it?”

~
Well, I hope you enjoyed that~  (´^w^')
Tell me what you think and stay tuned to see what happens to Italy! :D