grey

"You possess a power, a power that no one has."

"We're just doing the best for you."

"Mommy! He hurt me!"

"Logan, honey, time to wake up!"

    "I didn't mean to hurt Matt..." I mumble drowsily and rub my eyes, coming back to my senses. Right, that was a nightmare. 5th one in a row. Yay. I look up to my mother, standing over me, her eyes lost in thought. She's probably thinking about how idiotic I am..

    "Today's your first day of school, Logan!" My mother squeals, coming back to Earth. "Or should I say...academy?"

    "Academy?" I mutter softly, the word foreign on my tongue. The academies I knew were filled with rich and spoiled brats who had nothing to do except pick on those lower than them. Let's just say that academies weren't my thing, coming from a middle class family.

    "You don't remember, dear?" she sighs, probably because I have the shortest attention span ever and I don't even bother listening to the topic about academies.

    "Kira Academy. That's the name of the school you're going to. It's kind of like a government-watched academy, since people with many powers and abilities go there."

     Ah. Now I remember. Yes, the intense conversation yesterday with my parents about my powers which was very boring. I remembered how they said that they are only sending me to this school to 'protect' me.

    "You look like you remember now. Anyway, the bus is coming in half an hour, so make it fast." With a 'genuine' smile, my mom walks out of my room.

     I inhale and let out a big sigh. I really don't feel like moving today. Slapping my mental self in the face, I get up and walk over to the bathroom. Before I start brushing my teeth, I glance at the mirror.

     My brown hair was in a mess, light dark circles formed under my eyes, and I looked pale as a ghost.

     I still look cool.

    After my routine, I look around my room, finding cardboard boxes filled with junk. Each of them have specific labels, so that's a plus. Thanks, mom.

     I run a hand through my hair, and pull out the clothes I prepared yesterday for my first day. I slip on a grey button up and put on some jeans. Putting on my socks, I trot downstairs and slid on some sneakers. My hair doesn't need any brushing, since it's awesome.

     "Morning, Lwogan!" A tiny version of me runs to me and grins, looking up.

    "Morning, Matt." I smile sadly. That nightmare always pops in my mind every time I see him.

     "Son," My dad clears his throat, looking from his newspaper. "Hey, dad.." I bite my lip. I guess he doesn't want me to go to this academy. I still wonder why I can't. I am seventeen, after all.

     "Breakfast, honey. It's your favorite - bacon and eggs!" My mom pushes a plate towards me. Wow, what a cliché breakfast. It's not even my favorite...well, the bacon's a plus.

     "Thanks." I fake smile and start to slowly devouring my breakfast.

     "Hey, hey, 'Gan," Matt giggles at his nickname for me. "Will I be able to go to your new school when I'm owlder?" He asks.

     "Sure..." Let's hope not.

     "YAY!"

     "Logan, you need to hurry. The bus is going to come soon." Mom looks at me as if she is going to cry.

     "Okay.."

     After I finish my breakfast, my dad looks outside. "The bus is here."

     "Alright." I get my suitcase and backpack, then stand in front of the door. As much as I want to go, I just can't. Leaving Matt and my family here.. I sigh. Will me leaving them make their life more easier?

     It if will, then I'm sure happy for them.

     "Remember, Logan." My mom and dad look at me. "We're just doing the best for you."

     Just like the dream..

     "B-Bye Logan.." Matt murmurs, rubbing at his eyes roughly. I chuckle and kneel down to his level.

     "Don't worry, little dude. I'll be back before you know it." I ruffle his hair. "Be good, okay?"

     "Bye.." My family waves and I wave back, then board the bus. I sigh heavily for what seems like the tenth time so far.

     "Tough luck. Sit down, kid." The bus driver grunts. I roll my eyes and sit down near the back.

     I sigh and look to my left and right. Everyone is silent, quiet, and some are even crying. I notice a guy right next to me, and I don't even know it.

     "Hey...what's going on? Why is everyone..y'know.." I whisper, hoping he would get what I'm saying.

     He doesn't.

    "You don't get it, do you?" The guy has his head down, his hands on his lap. After I had said that, his limp hands turn into fists. He looks up with what looked like black eyes, and they oddly looked alien. He sighs exhaustively and runs a hand through his charcoal black hair, a habit I also have when I'm nervous or tired.

    "What..?" I stutter, suddenly scared.

    "If 'Kira Academy' would be in the dictionary, do you know what would be its definition?" The guy mumbles and looks at me.

    "What?"

    He turns to the side and faces the window.

    "Hell."

👽👽👽

hihihihihihihi

picture of logan is to the side or above [if you're using mobile]

okay. first thing's first (I'm the realest) jkjkjk. I'm really sooorry hello my name is, is not completed. it's a dead story. 

updates will be once a month yolo

thoughts about my cover [made by moi] I actually like it but I'm just wondering: can you guys see the text properly? The text is a bit thin but I think it's readable...plus, it sorta matches the theme of this book huehue.

QUESTION - what are your thoughts about this chappy?

thanksthanksthanksthanks

-clara