Chp. 10

This is going to be kind of short because I have some summer homework I need to finish. Sorry, guys. I love y'all.

Enjoy! x

So it'd been a week since the hospital when she finally came back to school. I've decided I don't even like hospitals, in case you needed to know that.

She looked good, she had that glow to her. I knew Lucy was happy about the baby, I mean, I was too. She called Arti my son. It was like she ignored the fact that Arthur even existed.

Lucy walked up to me after third period, while I was with Pace, and kissed me on the cheek, "Hey there, cutie, how are you?"

"Cutie?" I gasped. "You're acknowledging me as cute now?"

"Shut up, dork," she replied. Same old Lucy, I suppose. Still insults me and stuff.

"I am not."

"You're not gonna fight me on this. So, you coming over after school?" She raised her eyebrows (kind of seductively, I might add. I know Pace caught it before I did.) and smiled.

"Hello! The two of you don't need anymore kids!" Pace almost-shouted. The entire hallway turned to look at him and then everyone continued on their merry way.

"Eeeeckkkscuse me?" Lucy sounded kind of offended, but it was more likely she was being funny. "I want lots of kids. Who's to say I don't want them now?"

Um, me?

"Yeah, Pace, maybe we both want to be twenty year olds with four kids." I said.

"Well, you're the ones throwing your lives away, not me." Pace rolled his eyes and walked away.

"You were kidding right? About the right now thing?" I asked her.

"Why can't we? We've got one?"

Let's think here. A)Arti is not my son. B)We haven't actually, well, you know. C)I'm seventeen years old. I don't want to throw my life away yet.

"Because we have a life ahead of us."

"I know, but-"

"I didn't say that we couldn't..." I stopped for a second, waiting for her to get the message before continuing, "I was just saying we should take precautions. I'm sorry, I really don't want to talk about this. I don't like this, it makes me feel weird."

"Fine then. I have to get to class, anyway." She stood on her tiptoes, almost begging me to kiss her. She didn't have to ask me twice.

"Get a room!" somebody shouted.

"Right, class," I said. How had I forgotten we were actually in school?

I wasn't a skipper or anything, I just forgot.

I forgot even more when Delilah and Diana walked past in the shortest skirts possible. They had this swish in their walk. When they turned to look at me, Diana flipped her hair and Delilah inched her skirt up and oh my god.

Oh my god, I am such a terrible boyfriend.