Chapter 10- The Finale

I ran back to the barn as quickly as my little legs could take me. I was so excited to finally be able to see my best friend again. The whole entire time that I was running there, I was just thinking of how excited Lapis would be to see me. I will finally be able to hug her. She probably misses me a whole lot. I hope she does. What if she doesn't miss me as much as I miss her?

I get back to the barn and begin calling out her name. "Lapis? Lapis? Where are you?" I kept calling out. Where was she? She normally comes running to me after I call her name. What the heck?

She eventually comes after me calling her name for a good while. "Lapis!" I run up to her and cling onto her tightly. I could hear her laugh. Damn, her laugh was so cute.

"Hey Peridot. I was getting very concerned about you because you've been gone for longer than I thought. Did the mission really take that long?" Lapis broke the hug at that last part and looked me in the eye.

I had to tell her. I just had to. "Well..." I couldn't bring myself to say those words. The words of me wanting to be shattered. What was I thinking when I was saying that? I really am an idiot. "My gem...got cracked. Badly."

Lapis gasped and put her hands on her mouth. "You're okay now right?" She said with a concerned tone in her voice.

I nodded.

She sighed of relief as she hugged me again. "I never want you going on those missions ever again Peridot. You scared me."

It might be better if I don't, but I had so much fun being closer with Amethyst. I didn't want to leave Lapis, but I might be happier if I did.

About 2 weeks later, my life has gone pretty much back to normal except that I miss Amethyst more than ever. Lapis won't even let me leave the barn because she is so scared that I am going to hurt myself. Why do I miss one gem this much? This shouldn't be how it is... I don't know anymore.

Lapis noticed something was up with me and she came to ask. I explained to her how I was feeling and she put a sad look on her face. "If you really want to leave and go live with them, I don't see what is stopping you."

"Its you, Lapis! You're the one stopping me! I don't want to leave you all alone." Tears began forming in my eyes. What was she saying?

She put a hand on my face and looked me in the eye. "If going to live with the Crystal Gems will make you happy, then go ahead and do it."

"You sure you're okay with it?"

She nodded.

I went inside the barn and grabbed a few things I really wanted to take with me. I looked at Lapis really sad, but happy at the same time.

"I'll be fine, Peridot. No need to worry okay?"

"O-Okay... I'm gonna still come by and say hi a lot."

"I know."

"I'm gonna go now... Bye Lapis."

"Bye Peridot. I'll see you again soon."

Total words: 552