Chapter 4

Amethyst's POV:

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting Peridot to agree to come with me back to the Temple. I think the reason she agreed to it was because I said I was gonna show her my room. I like my room and I am proud of what it has become. The other Crystal Gems, however, don't like it at all. Does it smell? To me it doesn't. Is it messy? Yes, but I like it that way.

So much has happened with Peridot and I honestly feel bad. No one ever told me of the joke that they were playing on her. Why were they doing this to her? She hasn't done anything wrong aside from when she first got here. I hope they aren't actually mad at her.

We kept on holding hands all the way from the barn to the Temple and I was very happy. I had never had anyone before... Mostly because Pearl and Garnet wouldn't let me because they thought that I couldn't handle it. But with Peridot, I am going to prove that I can.

After a while of walking, we finally got back to the Temple. I opened the door and saw Steven grabbing a bag of Chaaps. "Heya Steven, is that the new flavor of Chaaps?"

Steven smiled excitedly. "Yeah! You wanna try one?" He looked over and saw Peridot. "Oh, hey Peridot!" He shot Peridot one of his classic smiles.

I dragged Peridot over to Steven and he handed me one of the Chaaps from the bag. "Oh my gosh... Steven these are amazing! Do you have another bag you wanna give me?"

"Sorry, Amethyst, I don't."

I frowned. "Aw, fine." I walked away from Steven with Peridot over to the door for the Temple. I opened the door to my room and we walked in. "Home sweet home. Welcome to my room Peridot. Feel free to make yourself at home."

A look of disgust went over her face as the "smell" of my room hit her nose. "It smells awful in here! And why is your room such a mess? You should clean this up!"

"Thanks, I try." I smiled at Peridot as I began to look for something that I could give to her. What could I even give to her? There is nothing in particular that I had in mind to give to her. I could hear Peridot come over to me. 

I looked up at her when she came over. "Yes?"

"Why did you even want to bring me here in the first place? Is this it?"

"Well yeah. I said I was going to show you my room. Did you think we were going to do something else? This is all we were gonna do."

"Oh no, there isn't anything else that I wanted to do. I was just curious that's all."

Total Word Count: 476

*Author's note: Sorry for the extremely short chapter. This was meant to be more of a filler chapter.