Chapter Eight

Iruka's POV
I walked up to the large wooden door and knocked. I heard a faint "Come in." So I opened the door and quietly walked up to the Hokage's desk. He looked kinda...stressed.

"Hokage-sama...are you alright?" He looked up at me and smiled, taking his eyes off of one out of many, many...,many pages of paperwork that rested in tauntingly large stacks on his desk.

"I'm quite alright Iruka, just a little stressed from all of this paperwork. By the way, you're supposed to be teaching the youth right now, are you not?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have left Mizuki to substitute for me. But right now, there is something that I must discuss with you." I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper before handing it to him.

He took it and looked at it. His head flew up and he stared at me, shocked. I smile and nodded and he grinned back.

Naruto's POV
'This is so...boring!' Mizuki-sensei was substituting for Iruka-sensei and I think that he just broke Iruka's record for the longest, most boring lecture ever (it doesn't help that he tries to glare at me every chance he gets).

I sighed and placed my chin on my palm before deciding to rest my eyes for a bit and closed them, allowing myself to slowly drift off to the sound of Mizuki's ever continuing voice.

I was brought back when gasps echoed throughout the class. I lifted my head and to my surprise, there stood Iruka along with the Hokage and two Anbu (for protection of course). And I made a mental note on how nervous Iruka seemed to be.

The Hokage walked up to my desk and held out his hand for me. I hesitantly placed my hand in his and he guided me onto my feet and over to the others.

"So...what's up Jiji?" He looks at me with a fond look. "Well, Naruto...Iruka has come to me with a request of utmost importance. He requested to..." I looked at him with curiosity. "To what?"

He gave me a large, genuine smile. "To adopt you." Gasps erupted from my classmates. My eyes widened and I could feel tears start to form. My eyes flew to Iruka.

"What...?" My voice came out quiet and hoarse. I could see that Iruka and Jiji were trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear anything other than the fast-paced beating of my heart.

I was brought back to reality by a hand being placed on my shoulder. I glanced up to see Iruka. "Listen Naruto, I want to adopt you...but in order for that to happen, we need you to sign some papers saying that you agree..."

I opened my mouth to say something, anything but my mouth felt very dry all of a sudden and no words came out so I closed it. "I mean-" He said, clearing his throat harshly before continuing. "You don't have to if you don't want to..." His voice faded.

Before he could say anything else, I tackled him into a hug with tears of pure joy streaming down my face. He looked at me; surprised; before smiling and hugging me back.

Once all of the papers were signed, I hugged his waist tightly and nuzzled my face into his chest. "I have a dad."

Time Skip (2 Days Later)

I had my minimal amount of belongings brought to Iruka's house and placed in my new bedroom. It was simple but cozy. White walls, wooden floors, a bed, a stand, a stool, a closet, a skylight in the slanted wall, and there were plants everywhere. I loved it; it was perfect.

And I kept all of my special possessions in a small chest under the bed. Inside was my frog pouch from Jiji, an Anbu mask from Anbu Dog who used to watch over me when I was younger, food coupons from Choji, and some books and scrolls from some of my other friends but there was one thing in there that was especially important to me. My song book.

No One's POV

He reached into the chest and grabbed his song book. He was feeling inspired to write a new song all about the wonderful sudden turn in his life. He opened it and immediately began to write.

Time Skip (A Few Days Later)
It was finally done. The song was finished.  I called it "Good To Be Home". I decided to practice first before showing Iruka.

Song starts here. (P.S: Take all of the religious references and convert them into father-son relations. Thanks!)

Oh yeah oh yeah

With reverence I enter into this holy place
A home that's like no other full of mercy, love, and grace

Although it's Ben a long time, I've never felt that far
'Cause you were always on my mind, and you were always in my heart

It's so good to home, where I know that I belong
Inside this house of love, with a family so strong
And I'm here to worship and pour out my offering
In the presence of this love, I'm never alone

It's so good to be home
So good to be home

And by faith we believe and provoke our deepest love
To give our everything, everything to above and beyond us
And when it's cold outside, it' always warm right here

It's so good to be home
So good to be home

It's so good to be home, where I know that I belong
Inside this house of love, with a family so strong
And I'm here to worship and pour out my offering
In the presence of this love, I'm never alone

It's so good to be home
So good to be home

Song has ended.

I smile to myself and run down the stairs I enter the kitchen and see a note on the table.

It read 'Dear Naruto, I'm going out to run some errands. I'll be back soon. Love Iruka.'

I smiled again. 'I can't wait till he gets back so that I can that I can show him! What should I do till then?' I pondered over the thought for a second and decided on taking a walk. But not before leaving a note though, just in case...

The End

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in like...a while. I'm sorry!!!