Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to one of my closest friends @tahsinnowmy. Happy birthday bestie. Hope you don't die early. I can only imagine how much pain aunty had to go through to pop your big head out. Anyway, wish you a very sad birthday!! Oops that was a slip out.

Ps. Don't you dare eat the whole cake without me bitch.
......................

"Why backing out would be idiotsy, huh? Today you were supposed to sign the deal. Not change it. And now you expect me to agree with your new terms. SERIOUSLY!" Jared grunts angrily.

Laura was enjoying Jared's irritation till now but right now it has started to irk her.

"You are the one who invested in this project before I even signed the deal. Yes, I know that everyone was sure that I'm gonna agree. But you could've at least talked to me to know if I have any things to include or exclude from the deal." Laura huffs.

"Urg!! She's so annoying." Jared thinks scowling. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down. Cause he knows that he needs to be rational one here.

"All right. What are your terms?" Jared says getting his composure back. Laura becomes a bit surprised at Jared's sudden change of mind.

But Laura stops duelling on that fact and nods at Grace's direction.

Grace gets up from her seat and stands in front of the conference room. Then she starts her presentation consisting Laura's ideas and terms about the project.

Thus the meeting really begins.

...............................

The meeting finishes after 3 long hours.

Low murmurs of the directors and the departmental heads can be heard as they starts swarming out of the conference room. Most of them are talking about how successfully the meeting finished or what a success the project is going to be.

Laura and Grace starts gathering the files together to leave. After the long meeting both of them including Jared and Reid are beyond exhausted.

Before all of them could leave the room Jensen invites Laura, Grace and Marcus for a cup of coffee in Jared's office. Laura agrees to the idea only because she is craving for an expresso.

They get into the elevator together. Reid presses the button to Jared's floor.

As all of them get out of the elevator, Laura notices that this floor is different. There are some concreted years curved in the walls. On the right side of the floor there is one table placed for Reid. As Laura passes by Reid's table she notices a spacious marbled staircase leading to Jared's office.

There are some couches placed just beside the staircase. Laura and the others start going up. At the end of the staircase there's an outomatic door. The door opens for them and they get inside.

Jared's office is really big. There are two long couches in both sides of the room. At the end of the room is placed Jared's table. The wall behind Jared's table is made of glass. One can see the whole city by standing behind Jared's table, seeing the fact that it's the 60th floor.

All of them take their seats on the couches. Jared tells Reid to get coffees for everyone. Marcus, Laura's dad and Jensen, Jared's dad say that they're in the mood for a cup of tea. Jared asks for an expresso. Reid turns to Grace and she says that she want cappuccino.

After taking everyone's orders Reid turns to Laura. Jared and Reid becomes surprised as Laura asks for an expresso as well.

"Your taste is just like yourself. Bitter." Reid mumbles under his breath.

Mr. And Ms. billionaireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara