Chapter 1

"Can you feel it through
all of the windows
inside this room"

Humming the song she can't seem to forget, Laura looks out through the taxi window. The busy streets of the New York city blurring past her. She can't really say that she missed this city in the last 8 years. In this city she seems to have only bad memories. Maybe that will change this time. She hopes.

Her thoughts wonders off to this morning. It was as shitty as any morning could be.

After getting up Laura had taken a shower as usual. She was planning on eating breakfast quickly and then she would start getting ready for this meeting. She knew that this meeting is really important and she could not afford to be late.

Going down through the staircase of her penthouse, she was praying in her head that her devil cousin, Ella had forgotten about the dare she gave last night. But all of her hopes evaporated cause there she was, eating a Hamburger sitting on top of the counter giving Laura her signature devilish smirk that would surely gonna give Laura nightmares for some nights.

"Why are you giving me that look?" Laura had asked innocently despite knowing the answer.

"Uh oh, don't think you're gonna be spared. I'm sure you remember that you'll have to wear my ripped jeans and tee shirt with a leather jacket to attend the meeting with that greek god. And before giving me a look let me tell you can't back out now. Also you do remember right? I'm gonna take your baby with me."

"First of all,that guy is not a greek god. Secondly, please.. reconsider. I know that I can't back out but think about it. How can I wear those in a important meeting like this? You do know that you're my favourite and most cute cousin right?'' Laura gives Ella her best puppy dog eyes. 'Don't make me do this. Third, what do you mean you're gonna take my baby? That's so...not gonna happen."

Ooops, maybe she shouldn't have said no to Ella. But everyone knows of Laura's undying love for her car. Also there's the fact that she doesn't let anyone touch her car.

"Nope don't even think about it. You're gonna wear outfit just like I said. And you have to give me the keys of your car and let me tell you, when you give your puppy dog eyes it looks like a pig batting eyelashes. So, don't do it again." Ella answers with so much finality that Laura had understood that Ella left no place to argue.

Apparently last night she didn't just get the worst dare from Ella but also promised her that she'll give Ella her car. When Ella understood that Laura had agreed, she had given the irritating victory smile.

And just to annoy her some more Ella had started blasting Zayn's song "Dusk till dawn." Ella knew how much Laura hated that song.

Though Laura hates that song, after hearing it she can't seem to make it leave her head. That's why she's humming this song on her way to the hotel. And yes, she is wearing ripped jeans and instead of wearing formal outfit, she's wearing a turtle neck sweater underneath a fuzzy overcoat.

She matched this outfit with black pump shoes. Though this outfit is not appropriate for a meeting with her future business partner and also to come to a big hotel, she has to say she's wearing perfect street dress.

 Though this outfit is not appropriate for a meeting with her future business partner and also to come to a big hotel, she has to say she's wearing perfect street dress

Laura's train of thoughts comes to halt as the taxi driver pulls over in front of the hotel. She gets down from the taxi.

She wonders if that eye catching long coffee coloured hair would be the same. It's not like she hasn't seen him in the magazines but still. Laura shakes her head, these useless thoughts are not important. She holds her head high to look like the confident woman that she is.

As she enters the hotel she goes to the direction where she is gonna meet him. Laura would have brought Grace, her personal assistant with her but Grace's sick. As a result Laura has come alone. When she reaches her destination she looks around, this side of the hotel is beautiful.

It doesn't reek of boring deals that have made here instead it has a calm feeling with it. Laura would have looked around a bit more if she didn't feel a presence behind her. She turns around but instead of long coffee colored hair, neatly combed short black hair greets her.

"Who the hell are you and who the hell let you in?" That person seethes.

"What?" She says with confusion.

"I'm sure you're one of those idiot fangirl came here to disturb Mr.Parker. How do you people find out about his whereabouts only god knows." He says sounding irritated and giving her a once over.

"Oh no. You mistook me for someone else. I'm here to meet Mr.Parker." Laura says sounding honest .
"Every other idiots said that. Now get the hell out of here or I'll call the security."

"What kind of joke is this?"

................................
That's the end of the 1st chapter. I hope I wrote well. You guys won't believe how much time it took me to write this chapter. Anyway, the next update will be soon. And again thanks for reading this chapter. Please vote, comment and share , it'll give me inspiration.

P.S- Dusk till dawn is one of my favourite songs.

-Arin