Chapter 2

"Every idiots said that. Now get the hell out of here or I'll call the security."

"What kind of joke is this??"

..................................

Laura stares at him bewildered. "Is he nuts?" Laura thinks to herself.

"You heard me." He is sounding utterly serious.

"Serious my foot! Here I'm standing waiting for my future business partner and there he is talking bullshits." Laura thinks.

Now when she thinks about it he said Mr.Parker! Is he the freaking Secretary of that guy??
"Earth to Miss Freak. Do I have to repeat myself again? Get the hell out of here before my boss comes, believe me when I say he'll be really pissed if he sees you here."

He is getting angry. Seriously! He has the nerve to be angry. He's the one who's insulting her here for Pete's sake!
"Have you gone out of your mind? Didn't you hear when I said I'm here to meet Mr.Parker? And I'm sure I'm the one whom he's supposed to meet." Laura says with anger and irritation laced with every words.

"Ha! Have you seen yourself? Do you really think I'll believe your lies? You're telling me that you have an appointment with my boss. It's the lamest joke I've ever heard." He scoffed.

Now that got in her nerves. What did he mean by seeing herself? Does he wanna tell her that he's beloved boss won't meet a girl who's wearing street dress. Then he's boss and he can go to hell. And the hell with this meeting!
"Enough is enough. What the hell do you think you're saying huh? After hearing your bullshits I'm gonna leave anyway. But believe me when I say, you are so gonna regret ever saying those things to." Laura says for the last time and turns around to the door.

She is leaving when she hears him grumbling something like," About due time."

When Laura reaches the reception she notices the receptionist sitting behind the reception counter. She wasn't there when Laura was going inside. That's why she got inside without being questioned. She figures that the receptionist is gonna get an earful for letting her inside by that secretary.

By the time she got outside she is seething. Who the hell was he to judge her by her looks. Very well! He's gonna get an heart attack when he sees her at the conference the day after tomorrow. Then he'll figure whom he was insulting.

She takes a taxi back to her penthouse. Just as the taxi is leaving the driveway, her gorgeous BMW car pulls over in front of her. And her 16 year old cousin Ella rolls down the window of the car. "Why are you so early?" She asks sounding confused.
"Park the car at the garage and come inside, I'll tell you." She says and goes to the direction of the elevators. She presses the button of the elevator to go up.

She just came to USA from London, it has already been one week. This week was like a blur to her. Dad bought the penthouse for her. It was a wreck, she hasn't even unpacked the luggages yet. She have to go shopping to make the penthouse ready to be called home.

Ella came with Laura cause Emma, Ella's elder sister was busy with some fashion shows and Laura needed someone to help her with getting the penthouse ready.

She stops thinking as the elevator dinged. When the door of the elevator opens, Ella joins her and they both go inside.

"Hey, have you called aunt Karen? You should. She must be worried about you seeing the fact that you haven't called her recently." Ella asks her.

After hearing to Ella, she realises she hasn't called her mom for 3 days. She had told her that she'll call and perhaps that's the reason mom hasn't called her yet. But her patience must be wearing off by now.

"Yeah I forgot about calling her. I'll call her after freshening up." She answers.

"Cool. Hey, remind me again why the hell your penthouse is in the 69th floor? It's bloody irritating." Ella says with irritation laced with her voice. Laura only laughs.

Her normal mood is coming back slowly by Ella's talking. Ella is adorable, cheerful, funny, sweet and badass when needed. In a word she's cool. That must be the reason why she has so many friends and boy admirers.

The elevator door opens again in front of Laura's penthouse's door. Ella and Laura get out together and get inside. Ella is going up the stairs towards Laura's room when she spoke again. "Now tell me why did you come back so early looking like a truck went over you again and again."

Laura sighs, "Let me fresh up and after talking to mom I'll come downstairs and will tell you about today's wrecking morning. During this time leave my car's keys on the table and go fresh up." She tells her.

"A..ll right." She says with sarcasm and leaves Laura's car keys at the table and goes to her room. Laura chuckls at Ella's response and starts going towards her room again.

After freshening up and changing her clothes Laura takes her phone to call mom. She answers at the first ring. Laura chuckls at her eagerness.

"You are going to be beaten very badly for making your poor mother worried sick, young lady." Mom barks from the other side with her thick british accent that makes dad fall in love with her every second.

"Hello to you too, mommy. Is it a way to greet your favourite daughter!!" Laura says with sarcasm.

"Oh don't talk to me that way, young lady. You have a lot of explanations to do."

........................

Hello everyone. I've updated just like I said. I'm quite satisfied with this chapter. Honestly I wasn't really satisfied with the first chapter. That one seemed childish to me. But I'll try my best to make the next chapters better. Please do give your honest thoughts about this chapter. It'll help me improve my next chapters. So....,vote, comment and share. The next update will be soon too.

-Arin