Chapter 18

Hola!!
Guys we're at 20K ahhhhhh!!!! Keep sharing and voting to get the fam further now. Also when you vote, comment and whatnot, it motivates me to write more.
Enjoy the chapter ♡

Song: Noise by The Neighbourhood

Ps: Na'el is pronounced nay-all if you were curious.
••••

Yevette's POV

After going home last night from the hospital, I was so fatigued that I couldn't make it through the front door. Kristine's father decided to take Na'el home with him one because of the investigation and two because he wanted to spend some time with his granddaughter. I had to get to bed as soon as possible because I had a big time interview in the coming morning.

I quickly showered and hopped into bed right beside my tired fiancè.

"Did you know about the herion?" I asked him as he wrapped his legs around my small frame. He shook his head and closed his eyes thinking.

"I'm not sure if she used while we were together but... Jesus! This shit can get me custody of my child because there isn't any evidence to prove I hurt Na'el." He kissed my neck and I felt him smile against me. A man like him could never hurt a little girl.

I shut my tiresome eyes and fell asleep almost instantaneously.
••••

"Shit! Shit! Shit! I'm going to be late!" I had just woken up and checked the time. I was so tired last night that I slept through the alarm. All three of them. I quickly hopped in the shower and washed off the important parts and my hair. I also brushed my teeth--obviously. Tuck was in the kitchen making breakfast and I was shocked he didn't wake me up. I was fuming.

I rushed into our bedroom and went straight into the closet rummaging to try and find something appropriate to wear. I pulled out a pair of black jeans and a cute red blouse to match. I also grabbed my black platform ankle boots and my big silver hoops. I quickly towel dried my hair and decided to let the air do its thing for I had absolutely no time to blow dry the forest on my head.

I dressed myself, grabbed my jacket, kissed Tuck and left. This was reminding me of when I first went for my interview at G&SPL. Hopefully everything was going to work out. I drived for around an hour and made it there eight minutes late. I ran out of my car almost tripping over my own two feet--regretting wearing my boots. I had almost gotten lost on the way to the place given that the address sent in the email was written very weirdly.

I walked into the five story building and found myself surrounded in white and black. I felt like I was in some futurist world and I was a prisoner--in a way. The layout of the ground floor was, ludicrous but in a terribly charming way. The floor was covered in black and white tiles while all the walls were white, lined with paintings I couldn't pronounce the name of. There was a long black suede couch set right in the center of the bloody room! In the frikin' center.

To the right of me facing the oposing wall, was a white marble table which I guessed was for the receptionist. Again, the layout was just horrifying but I was no interior designer so who was I to judge. Sitting on the sleek white chair was a blue-haired man with a nose piercing and blue eyeliner. He was adorable.

"Hi, I have an interview with um, Daniel." I cleared my throat and without speaking one word, he directed me to a room that was basically invisible to the outside world. Pine filled my nose and there Daniel sat in his broad desk in a rainbow button down shirt and skintight red pants. Yeah. I had to endure that for however long that meeting was going to last.

"Hello Yevette. I've heard wonderful things about you, including the fact that you always show up on time," I bent my head and hear him chuckle.