Gun shot

As I turned, I saw the back of his head and he pulled me along forcibly. I needed to look for Deun and I wasn't going to leave without her. I held my foot to the ground and he was pulling me hard enough that I was sliding on my heels. We were outside the hotel venue and he was yelling for Joe, his main body guard. He turned around and I whipped my wrist out of his grasp. His face was still shining by the moonlight in the dark night. He looked shocked.

"What's wrong with you!" I shouted.

"I thought you were Iris because all I saw was the dress," he said frantically. He brushed his hair with his hand with a stressed expression and breathing heavily.

"Boss, we have to go. The Dragons are going to kill you at this rate," Joe stated. "There are too many of them and our men are 20 minutes away. We are out numbered. Charles and his men are nearing in."

"I promised Mr. Chen that I would deliver Iris home tonight. I always keep my promises," Kai voices while staring me down. "GO FIND HER NOW."

Joe and the rest of the 5 guards run back towards the hotel. My eyes follow him as I wanted to also go back and find Deun.

I gesture my body towards the building but as I was turning my eyes away from his stare I saw a figure behind him. The man was distant and it was very dark, but I saw his arm raise and there was a gun.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. My eyes widen and I wrapped my arms around Kai to push him out of the way. I simultaneously shouted "MOVE" as he and I both tumbled to the ground. As this was happening, I heard the gun shot noise and my ears were ringing. My body felt hot. We both were on the ground and I saw Iris running out with the body guards. Joe runs up and grabs Kai.

"Boss, are you okay? WE HAVE TO GO. NOW."

He pulls Kai off the ground and all of a sudden I'm also off the ground and running with them. Kai was holding onto my wrist this whole time. Kai whips the door open and pushes me inside. We all get in the limousine and we're all huffing and puffing. The car speeds out of the venue and now going full speed on the highway. Kai is sitting in the center of the back seat and Iris next to him. I'm on the adjacent seat with 3 guards next to me and the other 3 across from me.

"Young Master, the Dragon gang is becoming more bold. To attack you in public at such a high scale event was risky."

"We'll deal with this when we get home. Send the women home first Sebastian," Kai murmured.

"Let me out." I said.

The car was silent.

I turned to Kai and stared through his soul. "Let. Me. Out."

"Are you crazy?!," Iris blurted.

"My secretary is still there. I didn't see her exit the building safely. I am responsible for her and her life. Let me out now," I responded. "Let me out, please."

Kai finally released his gaze, "Sebastian, stop the car."

The doors unlocked and I got out of the car as fast as I could. The whole time I was sitting in the car, my back was getting more and more wet. I reached over my right shoulder with my left arm and realized, I just got shot on my upper right shoulder in the back. I whimpered at the touch as the pain was ceasing in.
I started walking back to the hotel until I saw a taxi taking a dangerous U-turn.

<I know this is a picture of an arm but this is what I imagine the wound to look like>

The taxi stopped in front of me and the door opened.

"Doc, get in!" Deun shouted.

I got in and her words were fading in and out. I recalled words about "I saw you but.." and "I ran after you."

"Khan...... Hospital...... now......" I whispered as I was falling in and out of consciousness. I was breathing quite heavily and I felt like I could barely take in any oxygen. I could feel like chest rising and falling at an abnormal pace. My eyes began to close and the last thing I heard was Deun's scream.