18th Floor

After I finished my meeting with Dr. Edwards in the cafe lounge, I heard a loud shatter echo through the entire floor.

The 18th floor is where many high society figures hang out to socialize in the Khan Hospital. There is a cafe lounge in the back and unfortunately, a bar lounge in the front area. The 18th floor exists mainly because the 19th-21st floor are reserved for the hi-so to receive their low profile plastic surgeries and special care because they're rich.

I've grown up with a couple of them because the hi-so keeps to themselves a lot. Hence, I do some of them from my youth.

"PICK IT UP AND CLEAN IT WITH YOUR TONGUE!!," A woman screeched.

From that voice alone, I knew it was Iris Chen. The one and only woman who holds no shame in how she treats people because she has money. She's a model and she's gorgeous, but her personality reeks. I shiver around the corridor because I really didn't have the energy to converse with her in a respectful way. The memories of our past quarrels lingers in my mind and made me a little cold. 

"Doc, we should head to the seminar now or you'll be late," Deun said hastily.

The elevator is the only exit once we get to the 18th floor.

It would be an understatement to say that I didn't consider those 18 flights of stairs if they existed.

I held my breath and began to strut through the front lobby. I tried to look forward towards the elevator in hopes that no one would notice me until I saw a hand raise up in my peripheral vision and go straight down.

The smack echoed as loud as the shatter from earlier and my eyes unwillingly turned towards the scene. It looks like Iris lost her sanity and slapped the waitress. The waitress is apologizing quickly and numerously. I saw Iris's hand begin to move, and I fiercely walked towards her.

Her hand was in mid air ready to go down again but I made it just in time to catch it with my left hand.

Iris whipped her hand violently to meet my tired eyes with her fiery eyes. I watched her facial expression changed and she swung her arm away from my grasp. My gaze deviated and sitting next to Iris was the man with the snake brooch. He held his whisky in his hand and sipped silently staring into the middle of no where.

Iris smirked, "Well, well, well, look at who we have here. You are always coming between all my fun games. Why are you so obsessed with me?"

I laughed and straighten my outfit. "You wouldn't have even caught my attention at all if you weren't being so loud at 8 am in the morning in a public hospital. This hospital can fix many things, but your attitude isn't one of them."

Iris readjusted her facial expression and clenched her fist. She huffed and puffed so hard, I thought her implants were going to come out.

Deun interrupts and silently states, "Doc, your car is waiting for you outside

Deun interrupts and silently states, "Doc, your car is waiting for you outside."

"Get the elevator ready," I said with a stern face — clenching my teeth just in case Iris tried to punch me.

Iris quickly snaps and sarcastically remarks, "Ha, every time I see you, you have a new secretary. Your attitude must be as bad, if not worst than mine."

I turned my body, ready to walk away and said over my shoulder, "Every time I see you, you have a new nose. Your surgeons must be bad. You should give our hospital a try. Use me as a reference." I winked and headed towards the elevator.

Iris screamed and stated, "I won't let you go so easily the next time I meet you."

The elevator door closes and Deun begins to hysterically laugh. "This is why you're my role model!!"

"Shut up," I said jokingly.

———————————————————————————
"Do you know her?" I asked abruptly.

"That bitch that stopped me?" Iris remarked "Yeah. Her name is Safia Ranee. I've known her since birth. Her dad owns all the trading docks overseas. Her family is rich but she's stupid and likes to make her own money. She wasted all her time going to college for no reason. She could've been a model like me but obviously I'm prettier. Right honey?"

"Hmm," I moaned.

* italics are Kai's POV
———————————————————————————
It didn't rest well with me that the black suit man was with Iris. If anything, they probably have the same horrible attitude which is why they get along so well.

"Oh, Doc, don't forget that there's that charity socializing event tomorrow. A lot of potentially investors will be there and since you're the spokes person for the company, you have to be there!" Deun nags.

I close my eyes in attempt to get some rest and subtly acknowledged her remark.