Overboard

With the wind blowing against the sail and the smell of the ocean and his family surrounding him, Roger was the freest man alive. He was still being hunted by the navy but it was always fun to fight Garp every once in a while. He and his rival, Edward Newgate, were on quite friendly terms. Life was good. So if he was able to help a friend in need he would do so. 

"We've brought the lad on board." said Rayleigh "What's got you so interested in the boy anyway Captain? Whitebeard himself could've cast this one out. What's to say we aren't rescuing a straggler."

"Gah! You worry to much! We're meeting Whitebeard in a few weeks and we'll return the boy then. And if he's a traitor we'll just toss him overboard again. Problem solved! Shahaha!"

"If you say so captain."Rayleigh replies as Buggy and Shanks come running up.

"Captain reporting in the man is-"

"Captain the man's alive. And his tattoo is amazing. And I beat Buggy to it!" Shouted Shanks.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Captain you know I was gonna say it first. I ain't never losing to the red haired freak."

"Admit Buggy your jealous of my lustrous locks."

"Oh yeah. I love your stupid hair so much. Why don't you just let me cut it off your head!" Buggy said arrogantly while pulling at Shanks' hair.

"Your kind words melt my heart. Say why don't cha let me take a closer look at your nose." Shanks snorted back as he head butted Buggy in the face leaving him with a bloody nose.

Then punches flew. Blood splatter and the name calling began. A couple of stray punches lead to the whole ship fighting. Even Roger took part in it.

"Argh! It's nice to let off steam once in a while. Hahaha" shouted the Captain. "Rayleigh pass me bottle."

"Sure thing Captain." Said Rayleigh nonchalantly as he tossed Roger the bottle. Rayleigh sat right in the middle of the chaos choosing not to fight but rather watch and maybe dodge a few swings here and there but he would preferably be drinking his head off than fighting if truth be told.

Chugging the whole bottle of rum Roger smashed it onto a nearby head taking in mind not to kill anybody since they were his crew. Crocus, the ship's doctor, would have a lot of work to do later. And there would be a lot to clean up. And a lot of damages. But they were pirates they could do what they want. . . .

"HEY YOU SCALIWAGS!! Listen up you folks keep fighting and no one is getting dinner cause we be staying up all night cleaning up this mess. So break out the mops and start mopping!" shouted Roger causing the whole ship to pause for a moment before the wave of complaints busted the silence.

———————————————————————————
"Well from the looks of it he won't be moving for quite a while. Four broken ribs. Couple of other fractured bones. Bruising everywhere, malnutrition, dehydration, internal bleeding and a hell of a lot more." said Crocus in a reply to Roger, "He probably would've died if we hadn't picked him up. Probably will still die but you've got a hell of a doctor on your ship. Not tooting my own horn or anything."

"Crocus thanks for the good work. The whole ship looks like a bunch of zombies now." Said Roger jokingly.

"Well if you guys would use your brains instead of your fists all the time I wouldn't have to waste so much supplies." Crocus replied in a tired voice.

"Calm down I'm sending Shanks and Buggy down here to give you a hand." said Roger " Oh and tell me when he wakes up."

"Well than Shanks, Buggy get to work. Go grab some buckets,blankets and towels."

The two begrudgingly went to work and left Crocus alone with the half dead man.

'I wonder what could've given this boy so many injuries and still keep him alive. It sure is a skillful art of keeping a man at the brink of death for so long. And for this kid to be a Whitebeard pirate makes it so much more mysterious. I'm mean who in their right mind would mess with them. No one messes with them. That's the point.' Crocus thought to himself, ' gah I shouldn't waste my time worrying about this nonsense. It is the Captain's job to worry about this. Right? Or maybe it's Rayleigh's job?'

As Crocus continued to ramble on in his head as he was fixing up the crew. And making sure the lad wasn't getting any worse.