Ben

Ben was having a good day.

I mean, a veteran of the World War, a successful Industrialist...and as of today, a hundred years old.

His day began as always, The lonely old house on the hill(he liked it like that. Lonely. Not a huge mansion to show off his money. A small house.) was immensely decorated by his friends and family. His grand children flocking around him.

He couldn't be happier...

The latter part of his day was spent eating and drinking( he was allowing himself to splurge on the happy occasion)

The old man loved his family, he'd do anything for them. Especially his grand children.

He knew that he was lucky to have lived this long. The last of his World War Squad.
Even Captain Anderson had been taken to Eden.

The world had changed, every country was near the pinnacle of peace, no dictator was making threats.

They had done their part. The world was safe.

Ben couldn't reach his usual happy state. He looked at the chair lying vacant beside him.

His wife. The beautiful Marcy. The love of his life. His soul companion. Left him at seventy.
They did the impossible together, they lived happily ever after.

Forty happy years...

A solitary tear escaped his eye.

The rest of the evening was spent, playing with his teenage grandchildren.

When he blew the candle, he wished for his beloved Marcy to be present in his lonely house.

The evening of the party was certainly eventful, but after everyone left and he was alone. He started feeling sad.

He was dwelling in his thoughts when he heard a sound in the dimly lit kitchen. He wheeled himself into the kitchen to check.

Stop...

The seconds turned longer as a small cold cylindrical object, pointed at his head. He knew what it was, he didn't know that he would feel it again.

A gun.

Pressed against his forehead.

His assailant, A tall figure, stood before him.

"May I know your reason?"

The assailant replied,"death grows impatient"

There was a flash inside the house. Inaudible. The gun was suppressed.

A while later, a car left the lonely old house.

Its soul inhabitant lying in a pool of blood.