Part 1

Hey! I'm sorry but this has been bothering me for months. THEIR IS NO BARSON STORIES ON WATTPAD! There I said it, nor do I regret it. So here we go.

part 1 edited

______________________

Olivia couldn't get ADA Rafael Barba out of her mind. Sure she had always be intrigued by Rafael's style, the way his cockiness was always there and he was always serious. It fascinated her, even from the beginning when she watched him in the court room for the first time, then when Captain Harris had introduced them it felt like there was a tension she couldn't explain. She even remembered the first words he spoke mostly to her in that courtroom 'Bring your daughters to work?' and that made her blush more than anything.

After the verdict had been delivered, she looked at him with a smile and was surprised to find him looking back at her, almost as if he was awaiting her approval. She nodded to him with gratitude in her eyes and the corners of his mouth lifted into a faint smile as he nodded back.

The first time they ended in a bar together was after the pop singer Mischa's case. When they were sitting in the squadroom watching the broadcast of the news if her death, Olivia's heart broke. Barbra's jaw was set as they showed the memorial for the young singer and fury flashed through everyone's eyes, including Nick and Munch, at the sight of Kaleb Bryant's picture, the man who murdered her.

After Olivia strode out, clearly ticked, Barba spoke up "Well I don't about you guys but I am in desperate need of a drink," he adjusted his tie "I'll see you all later,"and with a nod, he walked out.

Tonight he just told the cab driver to drop him off at a bar he saw along the streets, ignoring his usual 'watering hole' so to speak. He just needed to forget that poor girl's face for a little while.

Imagine to his surprise when he walked into the same bar that Olivia Benson was, sitting at the bar, her head in her hands. "Detective," Barba said quietly when he jolted in shock at recognizing her.

"I suppose it's your turn to find me, hm?" Olivia said quietly, sipping her drink.

"In all actuality I just chose this place at random, I just wanted something different," Barba muttered as he ordered his own drink.

"Yeah, I get that," she sighed, swirling her drink around.

Spending the next hour or so speaking about everything from her trying to fill Cragen shoes to Cassidy.

They drank together in silence for a while, and then Olivia finished her beverage and slowly stood up. "I should get home before I keep drinking," she muttered, and Barba looked at her in alarm.

"Did you drive here?"

"Hello no, Barba, do you think I'm a idiot? I took a cab," she snapped, rolling her eyes to soften the blow of her words. He chuckled and got up, paying his tab as well and held out his arm to her.

"Let's share a cab then. Maybe if we hold onto each other we won't fall down and look like complete drunks," he said sarcastically, and she laughed as she latched onto his arm.

They walked out together, and Barba managed to hail a taxi even as the rain started to come down. As Olivia gave her address first, Barba watched the rain fall out of the window.

"Thank you for listening to me, Barba," Olivia said quietly as the taxi pulled up to her apartment building.

"Anytime Benson. And it's Rafael," He said quietly as she leaned back in the car and smiled at him.

"Olivia," she held her hand out with a silly grin on her face and he shook it with a bout of laughter

He watched her walk back into her building before telling the driver his address. Yes, he'd like to think of them as friends.