| ✘| If Nothing is True | ✘ | Altair [1/10]

It was never going to be an easy transition - everyone knew it. But Al Mualim had had such a hold on so many of them it was becoming an increasingly frustrating task for a new master to be picked, though Altair's name had come up quite a bit. It was only a matter of time now that a new one be picked and that things continued as they had...

But was that really a good thing...?

The assassin wasn't so sure. In the past only men could become assassins, but over time Altair had learned and witnessed several times how women who were clever or intelligent enough were able to get into places that a man would've been hindered in doing. How they could eavesdrop so very easily on conversations without arousing suspicion...

And it was all due to the pale European who had come to be known around Masyaf easily in her stay during Altair's nine missions - becoming more of a nuisance to the (now eliminated) former Master to allow her to become an assassin as well.

"Altair, what's this I hear about you not stepping up as Master around here?" speaking of her....

Altair's hooded gaze drifted up to the brunette woman, her hands on her hips as she stared down at him with a rather blank expression.

"Adalia." he nodded.

"That doesn't answer my question!" Adalia sniffed, irritation flashing across her face for but a moment. "If you don't step up and take your place things won't change! At least not fast enough for my lifetime..." she mumbled the last part to herself, crossing her arms over her chest and glancing away - though Altair still caught it.

It really did pay to be trained as an assassin at times.

"It is not my place." Altair argued, turning his light brown gaze away from the woman.

She huffed, not liking that answer. "But you're the best candidate, even Malik is saying so - and you two still kind of have some issues with each other."

It sometimes amazed him just how much this woman was able to pick up on her own, as well.

"And if you're the new Master people will listen. Sure you were an ass in the past, but you're different now and you've gained a lot more respect." Silence greeted her words again. "Why don't you just suck it up again and do it for the greater good? I'm not the only woman who wants to be apart of this, you know... Do you really want to take that away from us again?"

Adalia turned and left not expecting an answer and leaving behind a musing assassin in the process.