Chapter 2: The First Change

It wasn't long til Mackenzie's mom got home from work. She had just finished her chores too. Her mom was a tall woman, measuring around 5'11. A giant compared to her short daughter.

   Her mother was on the heavier side like her daughter though. She had very long hazelnut brown hair, complimented BT the softest brown eyes. Her mother was a white woman who's skin had been kissed by the sun.

   "Welcome home mom." Mackenzie calmly said

   "Hey baby girl." Her mother said, hugging Mackenzie.

   Without another word, the two went to the kitchen to make the nights scheduled dinner, tacos. When she picked up the knife to cut the vegetables to put on the tacos, she just stared at her reflection in the blade.

   For some strange reason, she had the urge to stab someone as her eyes became a nightmarish black.

   "Mackenzie, are you ok?"

   Her mother asked, turning her head away from the browning hamburger meat. Mackenzie shook her head, her eyes turning back to their chocolate brown color.

   "Sorry. Guess I zoned out."

   She said, starting to cut the vegetables.

   'What just happened?' She thought as she cut an onion. 'Why did I want to stab someone? Maybe everyone gets those urges.' She told herself

   Mackenzie soon finished chopping the vegetables and put them in their containers. She placed the knife in the sink and started to leave the kitchen when she bumped into the oldest of her younger brothers.

   "Watch it fatty." The male said

   "Whatever Conner." She shot at him.

   Conner was around 5'8 and he wasn't done growing. He was very skinny as well, around 160 pounds. Doctors said he was going to be around 6 foot. His hair was short on the sides and long on the top.

   Conners' hair was a couple shades darker than their mothers, same with his eyes. He wore sporty clothes, being the athletic one in the family.

   Sporty shorts, basket ball shorts, and the latest basketball shoes are all he wore. Mackenzie shoved past conner and went through the living room and down a small hallway, going through the second to last door, and entering her room.