Chapter Five

"Vrrrrr, vrrrr." Momo's alarm vibrated softly.

Momo rubbed her eyes and checked the time.

It was currently 4am. Usually, Momo wouldn't have woken up so early but she was determined to do something special for Dahyun and made her felt better.

Momo off her alarm and gently removed Dahyun's hands from around her waist.

Momo walked into the kitchen quietly, making sure of not to wake any of the members up since all of them were still sleeping.

She then took out all the food she had prepared from the day before.

There was double chocolate pancakes followed by one scoop of vanilla ice cream on it.

Momo put those onto a small tray with a cup of milk.

Momo looked at her work before clapping proudly.

By the time Momo was done, it was already 5.30am. Some members had already woken up and teased Momo for putting in the extra work but Momo just ignored them, putting in all her effort into making the pancakes.

Momo lifted up the tray before entering the maknae line's room. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung was already outside so Dahyun was the only one still sleeping in the room.

Momo set the tray on Dahyun's bedside table and patted her stomach.

"Wake up!" Momo called.

Dahyun flinched but continued sleeping.

"Dahyunnie, wake up!" Momo whined cutely.

"Ugh, shut up Momo. It's so fucking early." Dahyun murmured while slapping the air, aiming for Momo.

Momo feigned hurt and looked at the breakfast that she had prepared.

"Since someone doesn't wants to wake up, I guess I have to finish this chocolate pancake by myself. What a shame." Momo faked a sigh.

Hearing the word "chocolate", Dahyun immediately sat up, eyes still closed and opened her mouth slightly, signalling at Momo to feed her.

Momo smiled in amusement.

"At least brush your teeth first, you're disgusting." Momo pushed her head gently.

"You're so mean to me." Dahyun pouted, finally opening her eyes. She didn't bother glancing at the breakfast though.

"Me? Being mean to you? If I was mean, I wouldn't have woken up at 4AM just to prepare breakfast for you, you know. You're the one being mean to me." Momo raised her eyebrows and crossed her arm. She was obviously joking and Dahyun knew it too.

"I'm sorry, I'll go brush my teeth." Dahyun apologised, acting scared and running towards the toilet.

"She's such an idiot." Momo shook her head, a smile on her face.

Momo knew the impact Dahyun had on her. Dahyun was like a permanent resident of her life and would always have a special place in her heart. Momo felt way too lucky to be a part of the girl's life.

When Dahyun came back, she finally noticed the pancakes.

"Oh my god! You made this?" Dahyun exclaimed, obviously surprised.

"Of course!" Momo answered proudly, raising her chin a little before passing Dahyun a spoon.

"How does it taste?" Momo asked nervously and stared at Dahyun very aggressively as Dahyun took a a bite of the pancake.

"Holy shit. This is so good." Dahyun praised, giving Momo a toothy smile, mouth still filled with food.

"Jesus, Dahyun. Don't talk with your mouth full." Momo cringed.

Unsurprisingly, Dahyun ignored her and continued munching on her pancakes.

"Thank you for the breakfast, Momo!" Dahyun thanked her after taking her last bite.

"You're welcome. Anything for my favourite member." Momo patted her head.

Just then someone knocked onto the door. Instead of replying, they both just stared at the door, waiting for whoever knocked on the door to open it.

"Uh hi?" Chaeyoung greeted awkwardly while peeking through the door.

"It's Chaeyoungie! You need anything?" Momo asked her politely. 

"Do you know where Mina is? I want to play with her but I can't seem to find her." Chaeyoung complained while pouting.

"Aw, come here." Momo squealed at the cute sight and set Chaeyoung down on her lap. If Dahyun was her favourite member, Chaeyoung was definitely second. She always had a soft spot for Chaeyoung anyways.

Being too caught up with Chaeyoung, Momo didn't notice the jealous glaring coming from Dahyun.

"I'm not sure where Mina went but maybe she went out to get some Americano?" Momo suggested.

"I guess so! I'll just wait for her to come back then!" Chaeyoung answered cheerfully before giving a big grin and jumping out of Momo's lap.

"That kid." Momo laughed.

Dahyun mumbled something incoherent which didn't go unnoticed by Momo.

"Hmm?" Momo hummed.

"Nothing. Just focus all your attention on Chaeyoung since you like her so much." Dahyun growled childishly.

"Woah, why are you angry?" Momo asked while worriedly hugging Dahyun's back.

When Dahyun didn't reply her, Momo immediately understood.

"Oh, is someone jealous?"Momo asked teasingly.

"I'm not!"Dahyun denied, blushing.

"I didn't mention any names." Momo smirked at her.

"Don't worry, I'm all yours." Momo put her hands on Dahyun's shoulders before pecking Dahyun's cheeks.

"Do you mean it?" Dahyun asked while looking at Momo.

"Mean what?"

"That you're all mine? You won't ever ditch me because of your future partner right?"Dahyun continued, feeling insecure.

"Dude, you know I like you right?" Momo scratched her head confusedly.

"What?" Dahyun leaned back, looking at Momo.

"I thought I was obvious! Are you seriously that dense?" Momo protested.

"Wait, so you like me? In a romantic type of way?" Dahyun asked again, clearly baffled.

"Yea?" Momo replied, now uncertain. Dahyun being confused made Momo confused too.

When Dahyun still couldn't put the pieces together, Momo sighed.

" I want you to be my girlfriend, Dahyun. Geez, catch up!" Momo laughed.

"I want to be the one that you cry to when you're sad and I want to be the first person you share your joy with. I want to be there for you throughout everything you do. I want you to smile thinking of me, thinking of us. I want to share all of my hoodies with you, sing in the car with you, wrap my arms around your waist and do cute and weird things with you." Momo confessed while hugging Dahyun.

"Oh." Dahyun couldn't reply.

"I said all that and you just replied with an "oh"? Are you going to reject me?" Momo started laughing again.

It wasn't a funny situation. But Dahyun was being way too cute and flustered for Momo to handle.

"Are you serious? I won't ever reject you! Momo, I love you." Dahyun squealed finally getting out of her daze mode and attacked Momo with kisses.

Momo chuckled while patting Dahyun's back.

"I love you too. Now let's go tell the others." Momo replied.

"Sure!" Dahyun answered happily, pecking Momo's lips before running out to share the good news.

Momo giggled at the younger girl's antics and shook her head before following her.

______

Chpt 5 : edited ✓